Release GLQuake-ES

:wacko:    That was the original thing that baffled me. When I put my Pandora in mass storage and chose the card went to appdata>quake1 folder there were no other extarg files there .In Thunar all the extarg files are there prior to me adding the 2 others below for fullscreen.  :huh:

Glad I got it in fullscreen now but I wonder why I could not do it in mass storage?

Last edited:
I got the same problem - game quit with an error in the .out.

I deleted the profile.txt file, the game runs fine - in a small window though.

Added the extargs to profile.txt (which is an empty file, btw) and it now quits saying that it cannot load the filename from the profile.

I removed the extargs and it starts fine again. I added the extargs to config.txt and I get the pickle launcher fullscreen.

The game still runs in a tiny window though.

What else do I need to do?

EDIT: No matter, figured it out. Copied the profile.txt from the PND into the appdata and added the extargs into that. All working now!

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Works great for me : 1ghz+ beta drivers.

Is it possible to have the same controls that in darkplaces, they are really good imo.

Left nub : move

right nub : aim

Ok a couple days late but a fixed pnd is up.

This has the resolution and config files fixes.

I also fixed up the rendering, ended up converting the strips and fans to single triangles and drawing them on batch. Its not any slower and might be slightly faster.

I enabled shadows by default

Its possible to manually change the nub settings outside of the app, but its not ideal. So I will focus on getting the nubs auto setup for use.

1 Ghz model average about 100 fps (with shadows, 102 fps without)

Caanoo did 19.2 with shadows (slightly over 20 without)

Real smooth in fullscreen. Totally enjoyable FPS. With this game the only control mapping I did was using Y button to look up and X button to look down. I do prefer the R shoulder button to shoot vs. R nub.

I do notice pop ups/ draw distances graphically but I guess that is from the original dos-windows version? 

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Is this worth setting up on a first-gen Pandora?
Yes. Runs very well indeed on mine - a few graphical issues (watch the first demo to see some very brief fleeting erroneous polygons in the grenade battle) but other than that it's excellent.

I set up the controls - DPad for fwd/back/strafe, L-Shoulder to jump, R-Shoulder to fire, mouselook (inverted) on the right nub.

Love it.

D.

It does do 60 fps on my CC, but vsync seems to mess it up and only give 45, so you may want to reset the vysnc option in eglport.cfg to 0

Yes. Runs very well indeed on mine - a few graphical issues (watch the first demo to see some very brief fleeting erroneous polygons in the grenade battle) but other than that it's excellent.
yeah ive seen that glitch in the demo, but im not really sure where its coming from. I havnt seen anything like it in the normal game...

Just tried this & it brought back so many memories.

These older games really do look superb on the Pandoras screen.

1 question though how do I swap the nubs so that the right one is look.

Many thanks for this I'm loving it.

Sent from my GT-I9300

No problem.

I just saw ZXDunnys post & thought it might be possible through the config file or front end.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Man this is so playable, I have a patch somewhere that makes the water & lava transparent. I'm going to dig it out and see if it works.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Which files do you need? I only have the PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PAK in /appdata/quake1/id1/, that's ok for darkplaces but GLQuake-ES does not start from the launcher.

Which files do you need? I only have the PAK0.PAK and PAK1.PAK in /appdata/quake1/id1/, that's ok for darkplaces but GLQuake-ES does not start from the launcher.
That's all I have, it runs just fine. I also have hipnotic and rogue in separate directories.

D.

Back