Glquake Update

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Thanks to jbmaster of gph for providing a patch that fixes the texture issue. All textures should be present.
The default for gl_max_size is still 128, although 256 looks so much better, the downside is missing skins, I believe from lack of memory.

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,26

never tried doom/quake and stuff. i think i should get it onto my wiz. thanks for your efforts!

Thanks Prickle, this is a good news. But do you uploaded the patch or updated to the archive?
I think the file date in the archive is the same.

Hardyx said:
Thanks Prickle, this is a good news. But do you uploaded the patch or updated to the archive?
I think the file date in the archive is the same.

ED hasnt approved the update yet, get here until then pickle.gp2x.de/quake1-wiz.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update. Looks better now with all the textures being there. Still can't set the brightness plus also the quit screen popup is completely garbled.

fettouhi said:
Thanks for the update. Looks better now with all the textures being there. Still can't set the brightness plus also the quit screen popup is completely garbled.

Try looking for a gamma option in the config file.

Thanks for the update. :)
The 2 mission packs are now working on this version (apart from a white menu on Scourge of Armagon and a few glitches on Dissolution of Eternity.)
The stripey quit pop up is also on both of these.
Changing the gamma line in the config files also helps, I changed mine to gamma "0.1000000"

Cheers, Neil

Nice didn't notice any missing textures and the frame rate was quite nice, but the controls were wonky.
Perhaps in the next release you could incorporate the touch screen as the mouse for an option?

Is there any way to set the hud resolution a bit higher? It's very blurry.

Tried it - didn't work, plus, it removes the command after you quit the game, so i have to reedit the config file.

Mr.TwisT said:
Tried it - didn't work, plus, it removes the command after you quit the game, so i have to reedit the config file.

Try adding it to the command line script: ./glquake +set gl_max_size 256

Mr.TwisT said:
It still makes no difference. :huh: Does it work on your side?

hmm ok, i thought it was a cvar parameter when i saw it the code. I didnt adjust by command line, but when i built it, so maybe it wont work.
I could make a second version with 256.
Basically i played it and into the second level textures where missing and the knights didnt have textured skin.

Hey, thank you very much Pickle, now the game looks fantastic. I just got one problem... when I shoot someone with the grenade launcher from very close, the game will freeze, and I have to turn off the Wiz... any tips?

Thank you!

xSlipKoRnx said:
Hey, thank you very much Pickle, now the game looks fantastic. I just got one problem... when I shoot someone with the grenade launcher from very close, the game will freeze, and I have to turn off the Wiz... any tips?

Thank you!

No idea, the app must be crashing/locking up.

Pickle said:
xSlipKoRnx said:

Thank you!

No idea, the app must be crashing/locking up.
Yeah, same thing happens here. Don't have to be close or anything. I was on a high ledge and was shooting zombies below with the grenade launcher, and same thing. Actually, to see the problem you don't even need to play the game. Just start it up and let the demos run. There's quite a few "in your face" grenade explosions in the demos - it's sure to freeze up soon enough.

Back