Gmenu For The Wiz ?

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
I was just wondering as I can't find any info about this ( or am I blind :) ) but is GMenu being ported for the Wiz at all, or will it be considered after it's release?

WarmFluffyUK said:
I was just wondering as I can't find any info about this ( or am I blind :) ) but is GMenu being ported for the Wiz at all, or will it be considered after it's release?
It needs SDL first, which will be done at some point. The wiz and pandora were sent to the SDL dev's.
After that it should be very simple to recomile for the wiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would take you about 5 minutes to compile, all the required components are already out there.

Well SDL-powered games have been running on the Wiz for a while now, the lib is included in the firmware.

Except for hardware-specific things like ram tweaking or overclocking, Gmenu2x really is just a recompile away :)

Alex. said:
Well SDL-powered games have been running on the Wiz for a while now, the lib is included in the firmware.

Except for hardware-specific things like ram tweaking or overclocking, Gmenu2x really is just a recompile away :)
Thanks Alex, I have someone who may need your help if you're okay with that? He's in the middle of writing a bunch of retro stuff and would love to write for the Wiz. Would it be okay if he contacts you for more info? I would help only I haven't touched C and SDL yet, currently I'm a Fenix girl at heart.

WarmFluffyUK said:
Alex. said:

Thanks Alex, I have someone who may need your help if you're okay with that? He's in the middle of writing a bunch of retro stuff and would love to write for the Wiz. Would it be okay if he contacts you for more info? I would help only I haven't touched C and SDL yet, currently I'm a Fenix girl at heart.

For the Wiz I just use the kit from gp2x.com, it works fine for now. Just switch the target from Windows to GP2X at the end.

Pickle said:
Ah because both devices are ARMv9 soc's you can use the gp2x toolchain?
But what about SDL for the wiz, i guess thats more or less what I was getting at. I havnt seen that made public anywhere.
You can use the same toolchain, yes. Though it might be worth getting a new one out at some point to target ARMv5 just for completeness. Since the libs aren't so ancient on the Wiz as the GP2X, you can dynamically link against the Open2x SDL and it will automatically use the libraries installed on the device itself.

Back