Gmenu For Wiz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
Okay, let's face it, the Wiz GUI sucks balls. :lol: Is GMenu going to be ported over to the Wiz despite being the standard GUI on Pandora? Is the screen big enough to accommodate it?

Seeing as how GMenu2X has been running since its inception on a 320x240 screen on a handheld you seem not to have heard of, the GP2X, I'd have to say

YES WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Needs a simple recompile, it even worked straight out-of-the-box on the Pandora (except for the screensize ;))

Senor Quack said:
Seeing as how GMenu2X has been running since its inception on a 320x240 screen on a handheld you seem not to have heard of, the GP2X, I'd have to say

YES WHAT DO YOU THINK?

No, I owned a GP2x. Thanks for the answer, but you didn't have to be a douche about it. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, let's face it, the Wiz GUI sucks balls.

How do you now? Do you have a Wiz with the lastest firmware version?

I think two words : "Wiz Commander" :D
Like Norton Commander, but Red instead of Blue

sbock said:

I was just going to say that, what's with all this preconceived bull?

I think that the simpler default GUIs are better for new users than Gmenu2x. Once you get a nice software collection up on your SD, dropping Gmenu2x in is a no-brainer, but when you first get your device you likely just want to throw 2 or 3 things in there and just run them.

That being said, I look forward to Gmenu2x on Wiz too. Such a terrific piece of software, a real scene staple :)

sbock said:

What's been shown isn't good, and if it's anything like the preinstalled GP2x GUI, it's not exactly fantastic. It looks like some cheap Chinese PMP interface. One needs only to look at history to see GPH's track record on GUIs. If the preinstalled one were good, there would be no need for alternative GUIs at all.

I guess a better statement for this would be will GMenu work well on such a small screen? Yeah, same resolution, blah blah, but 2.8" is not much room. It'll be just fine for playing games, IMO, but it's a bit cramped for GMenu.

Be careful, quasist. In this forum it's only allowed to make bad jokes about GPH...

From what I've seen from the IFA video, I actually like the one interface they had at first. I agree with Alex 100% though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back