How Easily Could Gmenu Be Ported?

sm1988

Still Fresh
Since joining This board I recently learned about gmenu. I looked into the app and it looks pretty damn cool! so with alot of talk about what the pandora gui will be like Wouldn't it be cool to have a program like this so we could essentially make our own? I just want to freakin' be able to point to a rom and play it without going through emulator menus. so for the experts and the devs that grace this board how hard would it be to port this program? are there any file conflict problems or any thing that could hinder it from being ported?

qemu is a hardware emulator not a console emulator, to put it simply you'd still need the "program" that makes the game run on the console. it's actually easier and less system intensive to use the conventional emulators

he said gmenu

Hiroe said:
qemu is a hardware emulator not a console emulator, to put it simply you'd still need the "program" that makes the game run on the console. it's actually easier and less system intensive to use the conventional emulators
nooo I mean gmenu witch is basically a skinnable gui designed to be a frontend for apps and emulators.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry, I just updated to ubuntu 8.04 and the new font sucks.

alright, fixed that

I'm also in favour of GMenu2X being the default Pandora.

Things to change / improve:
- Add touch screen support.
- Add a task switcher.
- Improve the file manager, and allow more than one application to be added at a time from it to a section.
- Change the name to PandUI :p

Back