Gmu !

Hmmm, this does look like a good one, and the caanoo is definitely low on media players.

JeanLouSchmidt said:
Please, can someone port GMU !

Sources are available here :
http://wejp.k.vu/projects/gmu

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the default music player is really sh*#$y please can someone port Gmu ?

This one is a really good one, any owner of GP2X, Wiz or Pandora know that !

Features :

Supports Ogg Vorbis, MP3, MP2, Musepack (MPC), FLAC, WavPack, Speex and various module formats (MOD, XM, IT, S3M, STM, ...)
M3U playlist import/export
PLS playlist import
Internet audio streaming (web radio)
Various play modes including random and repeat modes
File browser
Playlist
Cover viewer (Gmu supports jpg, png and bmp image files and cover images embedded into ID3v2 tags)
Graphical spectrum analyzer
Hold function (turns off display backlight for power saving)
Customizable key mappings and skin support to be able to change Gmu's look & feel

Wejp has bee informed, but I am not sure he does the port himself :)

But hell jeah it is a fantastic Music Player (proud Pandora owner here :) )

Quite a lot of people have asked me to port Gmu to the Caanoo, which is why I have written a blog post regarding that matter a while ago. The thing is, it really is not much fun to port something to a device which you do not have access to. I already did this with the Wiz port and I really can imagine more enjoyable things. There is not much more to say about that than what I already said in the blog post.

I am already working on a port as I own a caanoo.
I don't want to stop anyone donating to wejp .. should I stop working on it ?

scachi said:
I was planning to do it myself (when I finally manage to get some hacking time). I would say go ahead : having an unofficial port is always better than none at all.
Money should be use to paised the original author and if it make wejp getting a caanoo and becoming the official maintainer, even better ;)

JeanLouSchmidt said:
Ok fine,
I understand, I've just give you 5$, I hope many others will do the same....
Thank you!

scachi said:
No need to stop. I've made the source available so people can do ports on their own.

sebt3 said:
I was planning to do it myself (when I finally manage to get some hacking time). I would say go ahead : having an unofficial port is always better than none at all.
Money should be use to paised the original author and if it make wejp getting a caanoo and becoming the official maintainer, even better ;)
I agree. :) Of course I would like to have a Caanoo and do a port myself - and I will do that if I get a Caanoo somehow -, but there is nothing wrong with other people porting Gmu to devices I do not have. I have a few ideas on how to make use of the Caanoo's analog joystick, but this is something I really would have to try myself on the actual device.

I have a few ideas on how to make use of the Caanoo's analog joystick, but this is something I really would have to try myself on the actual device.
interesting ;)

Back