Gngeo Problems

Jengo

Website
Visit site
When i try to play Metal Slug 5 or some of the King of Fighters games everything is black except for "insert coin", sound is normal i can hear everything but i cant see anything its just black. Anyone know why this happens and if there is a way to fix it? Thanks!

your rom is not good.

i have problems with some of my neo geo roms a few days ago. i downloaded it elsewhere and it work.

The problem is : some neo geo roms that work on wiz wont work in caanoo. i think its because some games are compressed and included a gfx file. and the caanoo need the full rom without the gfx file for some of them. 128 mb vs 64 mb i suppose.

so the caanoo load the compressed game BUT dont load the gfx file, so the games dont have texture. so screen is black with only some menu.

STILL MEtal Slug 5 NEED a gfx file to work.

metal slug 4 rom not working with my caanoo, i have the black screen problem. its the only metal slug i cant get to work correclty in my caanoo. but work in my wiz. For King of fighter 2003 and 98 work for me. didnt test other.

renejr902 said:
your rom is not good.

i have problems with some of my neo geo roms a few days ago. i downloaded it elsewhere and it work.

The problem is : some neo geo roms that work on wiz wont work in caanoo. i think its because some games are compressed and included a gfx file. and the caanoo need the full rom without the gfx file for some of them. 128 mb vs 64 mb i suppose.

so the caanoo load the compressed game BUT dont load the gfx file, so the games dont have texture. so screen is black with only some menu.

STILL MEtal Slug 5 NEED a gfx file to work.

metal slug 4 rom not working with my caanoo, i have the black screen problem. its the only metal slug i cant get to work correclty in my caanoo. but work in my wiz. For King of fighter 2003 and 98 work for me. didnt test other.

So we can try to copy back the decrypted c rom from the original roms.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens on my Art of Fighting 3 romset on Caanoo but works fine on Wiz. Weird. PM me to exchange romset.

I tried to use Kawaks to decrypt the s and c roms of sengoku3, then simply replace it with the wiz gngeo rom.
It works great on my caanoo now.

AshleyYan said:
I tried to use Kawaks to decrypt the s and c roms of sengoku3, then simply replace it with the wiz gngeo rom.

i know kawaks pc ewmulator, but how can we do this. im not sure to understand

renejr902 said:
AshleyYan said:

i know kawaks pc ewmulator, but how can we do this. im not sure to understand

run Kawaks > Tools > save decrypted roms > run the game you like
It will save the decrypted s and c roms in the root directory of Kawaks.
Just replace the saved roms to the wiz gngeo rom.
Done.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57114-neo-geo-emulator/

I found out the Caanoo port of gngeo 0.7 is an older version, that is why some games are missing graphics. It's not the ROMs.

hum in that case, no. Because if IIRC the wiz version is also 0.7
Missing graphics means bad roms or missing .gfx files, so in our case, if it work on the wiz, I guess the caanoo version can't find them for whatever reason (it searching them in a different path maybe?)

Edit: Forget what I said, I didn't read completly the thread sorry
Renejr902 got it right ;)
You have a romset made for the gp2x with dummy sprite roms instead of real roms (don't know who create this romset, but it was a bad idea... anyway...)

I'm sorry but You need an other romset.

OK got them to work. Need full romset without gfx files, full romset can be download easily on the internet.

Edit: A few games still need gfx. Wonder why. :huh:

In Pulstar and Samurai Shodown 5 Special, I get a red text warning that says "This rom cartridge is for use with original SNK boards only. Copying......... blah blah" I can't get pass this screen.

Edit: Found the solution. Need Unibios. Set system to unibios in rage2x.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/24084-gngeo2x-069-update/page__st__840

Back