Wiz Vs. Neogeo Roms

Passy

Hi.

I got Metal Slug 1-5 + Metal Slug X here, how can I make them work with my Wiz?

When I attempt to load them in Finalburn it either says "opening zip..." and goes back to the games list or when I try to load Metal Slug 1 it opens the zip file and the screen goes black.
When I try to use GnGeo 0.7 it opens the rom and tells me unsupported ROM, doesn't matter which one I try.

Is there any way to play Metal Slug on my Wiz? Any help appreciated. :)

I've only tried Metal Slug 1 which works beautifully under Final Burn Alpha.

The problem though is Neo-Geo roms are very finicky you can download one romset, test it on your PC in MAME and have it work great yet the same romset will fail in Final Burn or GnGeo. As far as I can tell, there is no accurate way to determine which romsets will work well which each emulator. So if the game doesn't work the first thing I suggest is to try downloading the romset from several different sources and try different games just make sure the emulator is working properly in general. For all the Neo-Geo games I play on the Wiz I use Final Burn Alpha and depending on the size of the romset you will have to use the cache tool (which is available from the archive) to create a *.fba file. After you do this you can delete the *.zip and load the rom straight from the *.fba.

One more thing, don't forget that Neo-Geo requires a bios rom to run anything. So do a search for neo-geo.zip and make sure to place that in the rom folder before trying anything else.

Good luck.

Also, if you're a Metal Slug fan (obviously you are) don't forget to download Metal Slug Advance for Game Boy Advance I think its a somewhat overlooked title but I think its a great addition to the series. Just my two sense. :)

Metal Slug 1, 2 and Metal slug X work perfectly in GnGeo, but I'm still trying to get others to work

Thanks for the answer. :)

Does FBA also require the BIOS? And which Roms require a cache file, how big do they have to be?

Yes, FBA requires a bios and unfortunately I don't remember how big the files need to be before using the cache tool.

I think I just played it by ear really, trying to run a game and if it failed I'd create a cache and try again. I know the first Metal Slug didn't need one but I can't remember what games did at the moment. If I remember I'll take a look at my Wiz when I get home and get back to you on the file sizes.

I figured it out now, my bios was named wrong (neo-geo.zip instead of neogeo.zip). Works like a charm now, thanks. :)

Oh, I still got one problem with Finalburn - how do I save my state?

Back