Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck running Godot on a Pyra at this stage?
I've been playing about with it and have one practice game complete and another ongoing and it would be nice to eventually see it running on a Pyra! :)

The editor runs, but is slow.

Compiling is relatively easy. After installing some libraries from the repository, see Godot page, only the file "/usr/bin/scons" at the beginning has to be changed from "/usr/bin/python2" to "/usr/bin/python3" and then it compiles.
  • runtime: scons platform=x11 target=release tools=no CCFLAGS="-mcpu=cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mlittle-endian -munaligned-access" -j 2
  • editor: scons platform=x11 target=release tools=yes CCFLAGS="-mcpu=cortex-a7 -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mlittle-endian -munaligned-access" -j 2
The whole thing takes about 1-2 hours per call.

I have attached the runtime with a very simple example, (32MB!), extract the archive where you want, and start the file "run.sh" in the directory. It takes a while, then the game is displayed.

The Editor (58 MB!) is the second file.

Thomas
runtime.jpg

Attachments

• godot3pyra.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 182
  • godot.x11.opt.tools.zip
    58.5 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Replace the "run.sh" inside with

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Resources: https://github.com/ptitSeb/gl4es/blob/master/USAGE.md
set LC_ALL=”C”
export LIBGL_ES=2
export LIBGL_GL=21
export LIBGL_FB=0
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gl4es"
# texture too big, enable this
#LIBGL_SHRINK=10
./godot.x11.opt.32 ./
and your fps goes from 17 to 146, but unfortunately only every second or third time. Godot starts but stops after a few seconds.
The console always displays the following errors:
Code:
Godot Engine v3.2.3.stable.custom_build.31d0f8ad8 - https://godotengine.org
DRI3 1.0
present 1.2
DRM FD 6
/build/dri3wsegl-pyra-0.5/dri3_ws.c:843: WSEGL_SwapControlInterval: WSEGL_SwapControlInterval 1

OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GL4ES wrapper
OpenGL ES 2.0 Batching: ON

PVR:(Error): ComputeFrameBufferCompleteness: Switching psTex 0x17d8bb8 to XBGR [0, ]
PVR:(Error): ComputeFrameBufferCompleteness: Switching psLevel 0x17b7d00 to XBGR [0, ]

It is strange that a program that uses native ES 2.0 needs the wrapper of ptitSep.

Maybe ptitSeb can help?

Thomas

Last edited:
There is also github.com/efornara/frt
I tested this on a sbc with rk3326 and it works wonders.

The creator is also working on a sdl2 version called FRT2.

You would call the Godot 3 stuff for example via ./frt_100_332_arm64.bin --main-pack meteor.pck --resolution xxx
or for a folder via ./frt_100_332_arm64.bin --path godot-port-develop/ --resolution 640x480

So this is a drop in engine that understand Godot 3 projects? pretty cool.
I had toyed with the idea of creating an SDL based engine that could run simple Godot 2D projects, but never got around to it and don't think I'm likely to.
This sounds like it has the same goal in any case.

Thanks, i will have a look at it, maybe it will eliminate the behaviour that the programs only starts after the 3rd or 4th call.

Thomas

Compiling FRT works, but gles context coudn't create:

./godot.frt.opt.armhf
or
./godot.frt.opt.armhf --video-driver GLES2
Code:
DRI3 1.0
present 1.2
DRM FD 6
frt: eglCreateContext failed.

Thomas

Compiling FRT works, but gles context coudn't create:

./godot.frt.opt.armhf
or
./godot.frt.opt.armhf --video-driver GLES2
Code:
DRI3 1.0
present 1.2
DRM FD 6
frt: eglCreateContext failed.

Thomas
You didn't have to compile it.
Can you try one of the precompiled ones?

Yes, same error on both pi version.

Thomas

It seems that GLES is not loaded, the output is missing:
Code:
LIBGL: Initialising gl4es
LIBGL: v1.1.5 built on Aug  1 2021 19:39:11
LIBGL: Using GLES 2.0 backend
LIBGL: loaded: libGLESv2.so
LIBGL: loaded: libEGL.so
LIBGL: Using GLES 2.0 backend

Last edited:
Nothing of value to add other than ... watching this and making encouraging gestures!
I dream of Godot 3D on the Pyra

I have an Odroid HC1 (Exynos5422 Cortex-A15 2Ghz and Cortex-A7 Octa-core CPUs, 2GB with SATA SSD drive, released late 2017) configured with armbian and godot 3.3 compiled on it. It took the same time to compile, about two hours, pyra is not as slow as I thought.

The compiled version can be run on the pyra but has the same FPS without gl4es or with gl4es. With gl4es it has same behaviour that the application usually stops without an error message.

So, no progress here.

Thomas

Compiled and running FRT on Odroid without problems, but is 25% slower than native compiled godot?
But got same error on Pyra, "frt: eglCreateContext failed."

Thomas

Thanks, but where can I get the files? It's not in the repository, I didn't find any files on Pyra, I googled for it but didn't find anything helpful where I can get the files from.

I saw that code::blocks has some trace tools, but I didn't find anything for Pyra.

Sorry for my dumb questions.

Thomas

Back