GOG.com sale Dec 12 & 13 -- Free Fallout 1,2,tactics

After a few attempts I got through to the page finally - cheers for heads up - very good offer eh

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!
I can't understand exactly what does mean "remove from our offer"... they can just stop selling them or they will remove them from the accounts ?

they can just stop selling them or they will remove them from the accounts
They won't be able to give it away for free any more, at least, and may not be able to sell it at all, but if you've already bought it it is yours forever.

I can't understand exactly what does mean "remove from our offer"... they can just stop selling them or they will remove them from the accounts ?
It means they can't sell them after that date. The only case where a game might be removed is if it turned out that they didn't really have the right to sell it in the first place.

In this case, the license holder is changing so anybody that buys before hand has a legal copy. What's more, it's DRM free so they can't take back those copies anyways. I'm guessing that is part of why they're all being given away.

And I, like a sucker, bought them almost a year and a half ago and have yet to play them.

And I, like a sucker, bought them almost a year and a half ago and have yet to play them.
I didn't do that just because I already have a DVD with all three games, but that thing happened to me for Torchlight... it was released free when I still had to play it

If you have already purchased the Fallout games, then there are bonus files related to the games that you might not have that GOG is bundling for free, like a Fallout Bible (205 pages) and wallpaper for your computer.  I think that the Fallout Bible is the same file bundled with each of the Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics games from GOG, but I did not feel like downloading the 55MB Fallout Bible file three times to find out if all three files were identical.

Back