Google Checkout

jlebrech

UFO Robot
Are you guys (the hardware developers) planning on using something else instead of Paypal?

how about google checkout!

2.2 Permissible Payment Transactions. Seller shall only use the Service to process a Payment Transaction for a Product that is purchased by a Buyer through a legitimate, bona fide sale of the Product. A Payment Transaction may not be submitted for processing through the Service until Seller has:

(a) shipped or otherwise provided the purchased goods to the Buyer; or
(B) performed the purchased service; or
© otherwise completed the purchase transaction as mutually agreed upon by Seller and Buyer.

2.3 Prohibited Transactions. GPL may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation individual or aggregate transaction limits on the Pounds Sterling or local currency equivalent amount or number of Payment Transactions during one or more specified time periods and Seller shall not use the Services in any way contrary to these general practices. Seller shall not:

(a) use the Service to process a Payment Transaction for Seller, or otherwise transfer money between a Buyer and Seller, that does not directly result from a Buyer's purchase of a Product;
(B) use the Service to provide cash advances to Buyers or to facilitate the purchase by Buyers of cash equivalents (e.g., travellers cheques, prepaid cards, money orders, etc.), except that Seller may use the Service to facilitate the purchase by Buyers of a gift certificate or stored value card as permitted pursuant to GPL’s applicable policies available from the Google Web Site; or
© use the Service to process Payment Transactions in connection with the sale or exchange of any illegal or prohibited goods or services, including without limitation prohibited Products or categories of Products as set out in the prohibited product list located here (as such list is updated from time to time) or any underlying illegal transaction ("Prohibited Product List"). Failure to comply with applicable policy regarding the Prohibited Product List may result in suspension or termination of Seller's access to the Service in addition to any other remedy available to GPL under this Agreement.

Looks like PreOrders could be deemed as a service!

Seller may use the Service to facilitate the purchase by Buyers of a gift certificate or stored value card as permitted pursuant to GPL’s applicable policies

just send all the pre-order people a gift voucher for a Pandora, remember the Star Wars "early bird" sales campaign?, they had loads of toy boxes on the shelf and all they had in em where gift vouchers, little Johnny/Jane opens pressy on Christmas day to find an empty box with a voucher inside promising a star wars toy whenever (Kenner toys?) finaly managed to catch up with their backorders (google "star wars empty box campaign" )

hobbyman

"© otherwise completed the purchase transaction as mutually agreed upon by Seller and Buyer."

As long as the seller and the buyer agree with the pre-order, I think it's ok by the TOS. Otherwise, the voucher workaround will do it.

Well Google Checkout doesn't support bank transfer, which I think is what many people (like myself) had been using PayPal for.

I went ahead and got a debit card though. Now I'm just waiting for a reorder link.

Back