Got F-200 Today, But Some Emulators Not Work

Hi all, just read this v interesting thread and was wondering.....

can you use the touch screen in scummvm instead of the mouse pointer?

does this release mean that no new software will be eleased for the "old models"?

Should i change just yet?

I have read a lot of people saying they are changing to a psp, i have one already but have to be honest and say i prefer the gp so I'm hoping for some really positive news on this.

F

Um... I'm playing my F-200 right now, and even though it's labelled "Home", the button still works the exact same as the Start button on the MKII... Nothing has been changed -- it's not as though they wired it to have a different function.

Check out this thread I started for other initial observations about the F-200:
A Few Initial Findings About The Gp2x F-200

It seems to me there's been alot of negative hype about this system, but as one of the people currently playing it (as opposed to speculation), I'm actually glad I sold my MKII to get it. My F-200 overclocks higher (280 -- my MKII barely scraped 250), emulators that this very thread claimed do not work in fact DO WORK (at least PocketSNES... I can't vouch for the others, because I haven't tried them yet), the home button IS the start button... I'm not claiming to be any sort of programming expert, but from a purely USER standpoint, the F-200 is an improvement, slight, yes, but an improvement nonetheless.

All I'm saying is there seem to be an awful lot of people in this thread already declaring that the F-200 is a piece of crap, when I would wager that only a small percentage of those posting ACTUALLY HAVE ONE YET. And I mean no offense to anyone by this post, but I just wanted to clear up the difference between some of the claims I've read in this thread and what I've actually experienced so far by using the F-200 unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I gather, most who've actually got the F200 are happy with it apart from a few incompatibility probs and obvious dev probs.

All problems will be resolved in due course I'm sure :)

Have faith people! Gph aren't THAT bad :p

Just tried SF2 on pico drive (60fps), and was able to pull off dragon punch and fireballs both ways without any trouble. Just thought you'd like to know.

So the summary ..

New d-pad feels good (not too high or too low, responsive) and actually works well?

Better than GP2X classics nasty stick?

jeff

Thanks morrissey2k7

The PocketSNES work (Need set the sound to off or set sound on and sound rate to 22050)

Thanks

narmak said:
Just tried SF2 on pico drive (60fps), and was able to pull off dragon punch and fireballs both ways without any trouble. Just thought you'd like to know.
Sweeeet!!!

:D

Waiting for mine to arrive.

I get mine today wooohooo!!!. Just got into phoenix this mourning. B)

Could anyone post some photos of the F200? I'm curious to see how it looks in real life as opposed to concept renderings.

I'm realy intrested in al the touch screen aps and navigation. Could someone youtube it :p
Dosbox + touchscreen input should also be a lot of fun :)

But why rename the start button HOME? Do you not see the confusion this will cause and the fact that it does not go home, and if it was made to go home all apps on the older systems would be wrong, and then there would be no start button in emulators....

It's crazy AND stupid.

And don't get me started on them including a pacman clone when Namco are notoriously protective of pacman/clones.

ARRGGHHHHH. GPH!!!1

craigix said:
But why rename the start button HOME? Do you not see the confusion this will cause and the fact that it does not go home, and if it was made to go home all apps on the older systems would be wrong, and then there would be no start button in emulators....

It's crazy AND stupid.

And don't get me started on them including a pacman clone when Namco are notoriously protective of pacman/clones.

ARRGGHHHHH. GPH!!!1
Yes, I concede that it MIGHT cause a little confusion, but frankly, I didn't even notice it said Home instead of Start until I read your post. I think most people will figure out that it's really a Start button without too much mental anguish ;).

craigix said:
But why rename the start button HOME?

It's crazy AND stupid.

AND nobody cares ;)

Anyone tried Q-bert on mame? Never could play that with the F100.
[Edit] forgot mame isn't working yet...

Hmm, it seems that GPH are still thinking the GP2X is a media player rather than a console for game emulation. I'm so glad they are not having any input into the next console.

craigix said:

It's crazy AND stupid.

ARRGGHHHHH. GPH!!!1
They should of included boomshine for three reasons.

1) It shares the fenix runtime with ruckman and phishy (reducing file size)
2) It was made by me!
3) The copyright holder of the original game is very happy to have it spread about, as it advertises his game.

OK, guys, I'm new to all this, but I'm thinking of getting an F-200.

I'd like to know if you can plug in a USB joystick or game pad? In an ideal world, I'd like a real old fashioned arcade joystick... is this possible? (I'd really like to know the answer to this one!)

Also, can you plug in a keyboard/mouse? And does the Amiga emulator work ok??

Thanks guys. Enjoying the forum! :blink:

narmak said:
I am glad fireballs and dragon punches are working well. On the F100 I have to really concentrate to do them consistently. If not, I might hit a diagonal and do a forward somersault (frustrating and often fatal). There are many other fighting games that use these kinds of moves also.

b_o_b said:
Anyone tried Q-bert on mame? Never could play that with the F100.
[Edit] forgot mame isn't working yet...
I agree, Q-Bert will be a good test when MAME is working. It requires rock-solid, consistent diagonal commands.

Back