Got the email. queue position 137

I can confirm what ED said. I was told that there were cancelled orders in between. 

Also, the forum worked. I received an email that reconfirmed the queue number was correct and corresponded to when I upgraded. I did replied the email asked them to be more transparent. Cannot do anything else  :mellow:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm what ED said. I was told that there were cancelled orders in between. 

Also, the forum worked. I received an email that reconfirmed the queue number was correct and corresponded to when I upgraded. I did replied the email asked them to be more transparent. Cannot do anything else  :mellow:  
A correction, Jacquelyn said that she replied not because that I post here, but she just read my email. 

Wait, having a queue number of 185 doesn't mean there are 185 left.

The number is given when someone orders, so if that payment never happens, it's a dead number.

Also, when I sent the last 10 Pandoras, the queue numbers that have been finished seems to have moved up by 20 at least, so that sounds okay.

Don't forget that he didn't get 150x 700 USD. There were probably a lot of upgraders from the preorder queue as well, so he probably got a lot less.

Still, I have no idea where all the money went I sent him... for the parts, the money he got from the 1GHz orders, etc.

Can't all have been refunds, as then nearly no one should be left in his queue.

So yeah, there are some mysteries here and there, but I don't think the actual 1GHz queue from him had more than 150 orders.
I think there may be a collective concern that he may still be taking money for additional Pandora orders and upgrades then expecting you to fulfill them.  That's why several people were asking about Ibrabbit's order date information.

Hopefully his case was just straightening out confusion on what should have already been an order - I don't know.

Your company is gifting his company a lot of money for every order you send out (Thank you again btw).  I think that demanding actual counts of how many are left in the queues is reasonable.  You need that to understand when, and ensure that it does, eventually end.

Right now, do you have any controls in place to ensure that the queue does not continue to grow in the background?  Do you have any idea of when the queue will dry up?  

I/we on the forum do not have a need to know that information.  I.e. you don't need to release that publicly - but you should know it.  You're paying for it, even though you're not responsible for it, after all.

Wait, having a queue number of 185 doesn't mean there are 185 left.

The number is given when someone orders, so if that payment never happens, it's a dead number.

Also, when I sent the last 10 Pandoras, the queue numbers that have been finished seems to have moved up by 20 at least, so that sounds okay.

Don't forget that he didn't get 150x 700 USD. There were probably a lot of upgraders from the preorder queue as well, so he probably got a lot less.

Still, I have no idea where all the money went I sent him... for the parts, the money he got from the 1GHz orders, etc.

Can't all have been refunds, as then nearly no one should be left in his queue.

So yeah, there are some mysteries here and there, but I don't think the actual 1GHz queue from him had more than 150 orders.
I think there may be a collective concern that he may still be taking money for additional Pandora orders and upgrades then expecting you to fulfill them.  That's why several people were asking about Ibrabbit's order date information.

Hopefully his case was just straightening out confusion on what should have already been an order - I don't know.

Your company is gifting his company a lot of money for every order you send out (Thank you again btw).  I think that demanding actual counts of how many are left in the queues is reasonable.  You need that to understand when, and ensure that it does, eventually end.

Right now, do you have any controls in place to ensure that the queue does not continue to grow in the background?  Do you have any idea of when the queue will dry up?  

I/we on the forum do not have a need to know that information.  I.e. you don't need to release that publicly - but you should know it.  You're paying for it, even though you're not responsible for it, after all.
Paritally agree. I believe there should be more transparency. Except for the money part, where only ED, the investors and donors should be involved, I believe that the numbers on queues of different types should all be made public. It saves us from announcing our numbers occasionally and making guesses all the time.

@Marinero - Not sure if your aware but a "Classic Pandora" is a refurbished first batch Pandora (256MB SDRAM) with New Nubs, LCD cable and newer plastic casing.

If you are one of the original pre-orderers from the first or second batch you will be getting a brand new Rebirth Pandora (512MB SDRAM) not a refurbished classic unit. 

Unless you made some kind of odd arrangement with Craig.

and 200, assuming that number is real, is not too bad, there's something around 600 people waiting for rebirth from craigix (or should I say ED?)

I never asked for a queue number until now that I feel a bit abused.

I'm also aware of the technical specs of the pandora i will receive but I don't know the nomenclature.

I also received various emails stating a aproximated date of arrival. I can't understand the need for some many lies. 

I'm aware too of the misfortunes of the project and that why my pandora can't be delivered, I try to be empathic about this some info to calm down down loyal costumers is in order. I follow Craig on twitter and he moved onto another project and he didn't say a word about pandora in quite a long time.

It a shame for ED since this is hurting the image of the pandora.

I feel very sorry for those with a higher queue number than me. I don't have the money to upgrade and would ask for a refund but this will take a long time too so I'm trapped.

this are my thougts about my situation

Does anyone know if progression has been made beyond 137 yet?
Don't think so.  I'm 138 and haven't received any messages yet.

I think ED sends them in batches though and he seems quite busy with the contest.  It's been 4 1/2 years, I can wait another week or so..   :)

Sending free products to a broke redistributor's customers

That's customer service, and then some!

3 weeks*(200/10) = 60 weeks until my pandora arrive. Am I correct?. I'm not complaining now, I just want the truth 

hum, isn't ED talking about 1GHz unit and marinero about rebirth pandora?

by the way how many rebirth do you send to CraigiX ED?

I let Craig decide which units he wants. Last time it was 10 1GHz and three Rebirth, AFAIR.

Makes sense, as it seems many on the 1GHz List are upgraders of old preorders.

I guess, but then marinero 60 weeks are far too optimistic...

By the way:

What does Craig tell you, if you ask him for the exact numbers of his outstanding preorders/upgrades/special super Pandora 2.0 orders?

Just: "Nah, I won't tell you..." ?

Sorry to mix rebirths and 1Ghz.

So in 3 years or so when portable devices have more than 2 cores I going to receive a 600Mhz unit. And that's for believing on a project and giving my money blindly. 

I ended up believing that the decisions taken are for the best of both parts so this is just to let out my feeling about it since I can't talk with my friends who laugh about my free software believings with a psp vita on their hand. :(

Back