Gp2x Alternative Case/etui

Redsandro

Still Fresh
Website
www.rednet.nl
Hi,

I finally got my new GP2x F200. It comes without a case/etui/sleeve/pocket in the simple package.
Has anyone tried some alternative container for the GP2X? For example, the PSP etui is too large. The PSP utilities etui is smaller, so I thought maybe that one fits, or maybe it's too small.

Anyone with tips on that?

I use a GP32 case :p

sorry, probably not much help...

try looking for a satnav case, like this one:

universal satnav case

you'll need to measure the gp2x

Redsandro said:
Hi,

I finally got my new GP2x F200. It comes without a case/etui/sleeve/pocket in the simple package.
Has anyone tried some alternative container for the GP2X? For example, the PSP etui is too large. The PSP utilities etui is smaller, so I thought maybe that one fits, or maybe it's too small.

Anyone with tips on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend an Otter 2000 color/padded for the GP2X alone or an Otter 2500, allows me to carry extra batteries, charger, screen cloth, USB Adapter, & headphones.

I am a whitewater kayaker & dream of some day playing Crazy Kong in the middle of the Grand Canyon.

Never rely on one seal to protect valuable electronics in whitewater.

Peace

Link

I use the ds case (not lite). It fits perfectly and has space to put sd carts.

51ZFD2YJGWL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Great suggestions!

I ordered a Nintendo DS hardcover case from eBay. It's just a guess. If it won't fit, I'm gonna have to sell it again.

To be continued :)

You could also read that this topic has been resolved already. I ordered a DS hardcase! :p

Anyhow, I know about the search, use it a lot, and when not satisfactory I ask people around me. Thanks anyway :)

I don't know if you mean your post as lecturing as it sounds, but in my opinion, this board's search is an indistinct mess of inconveniently listed posts that could use some tweaking. If you still want to promote using the search, the best way to do that would be simply not to respond to people of whom you think they haven't put enough effort in other methods of gathering information.

Redsandro said:
Thanks for the hints!

@nubie:
There's different versions? Didn't know.

But I'll check it out!

Whoa, you didn't know about the DS Lite?

Redsandro said:
I don't know if you mean your post as lecturing as it sounds, but in my opinion, this board's search is an indistinct mess of inconveniently listed posts that could use some tweaking. If you still want to promote using the search, the best way to do that would be simply not to respond to people of whom you think they haven't put enough effort in other methods of gathering information.
I agree about the search, its shite and every occasion I've used it, never found what I needed.

Redsandro said:
If I wanted to be an ass I wouldn't have included the link to a result I found. It was merely a recommendation.

Nova said:
Whoa, you didn't know about the DS Lite?

Eh.. Nope.. :blush:

But now that I wikipedia'ed them both, I actually only ever seen/played with the lite. I didn't realise it was a light version of a non-light original :p

So I actually don't know about the case I ordered, which one it's compatible with. I guess it will arrive in a few days. Then I'll let you know how it fits.

Redsandro said:
I guess it will arrive in a few days. Then I'll let you know how it fits.
Sorry for the delay. I should have known it's for the DS Lite since it said DSL :p but no problem, it fits perfectly, maybe a little bit tight but not too tight. Here some pics:

gp2xcase1.jpg

gp2xcase2.jpg

gp2xcase3.jpg

I bought the case for €6,95 plus €2,75 shipping. Don't know if that's good or bad but I'm happy.

Redsandro said:
Redsandro said:
I guess it will arrive in a few days. Then I'll let you know how it fits.
Sorry for the delay. I should have known it's for the DS Lite since it said DSL :p but no problem, it fits perfectly, maybe a little bit tight but not too tight. Here some pics:

I bought the case for €6,95 plus €2,75 shipping. Don't know if that's good or bad but I'm happy.

Sweet. I like that hard case, and I am glad it mostly fit.

I like your workbench. I have a similar meter, but your bench is much cleaner than mine.

DSL?* or DSL?** or DSL?***

OH! DS Lite, of course, I'll just use an acronym that is out there 3 times already :blink: . W T F :huh:

*Damn Small Linux
**Digital Subscriber Line
***Domain Specific Programming(language)

Back