Gp2x Banner Topic

OliG

Still Fresh
I have made a banner to promote the GP2X...

Click here to download
Dimensions: 686x99
Size: 25.8 KB

Thanks, and if you have the time, please PM, E-mail or post a short message if you've used any of my banners.

Enjoy! More coming soon...

edit: got rid of thumbnail

Meh, here is my "you know your bored when" attempt at a banner:

testamundoelunoqs2.gif

OliG posted on Dec 8 2006 at 09:56 PM said:
Can this be made a sticky? Thanks...
lol :lol:

edit: You linked to the thumbnail man! Got it?! :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
OliG posted on Dec 8 2006 at 07:56 PM said:
Can this be made a sticky? Thanks...

10 points!

Well, it took me a whole 10 seconds to see in the url that it had a t in it, so I changed it to an i to get the whole picture:

i101617_gp2xbanner1.PNG

EDIT: Wow, this banner is... bad.

Since no one commented on mine :p, I'll just give you some tips, assuming mine is perfect in every way.

1st, when your resizing an image, please, if all you have is mspaint, get ifranview or something, it's a completely free and small program that will do an excellent job resizing images, that resized gp2x on the left looks terrible because of it's jagged edges.

2nd. I do like how you centered the logo.

3rd. If you are working with MSPaint, and can't afford Paint\Photoshop, get GIMP or Paint.net. Also, look at other banners and how they get information across, people have a better chance of seeing flashing words or short to the point words than having to stop and read something.

4th. Don't get discouraged, a lot of people will try to shoot you down instead of trying to see past the "sub-par" work and into the fact that atleast you tried to do something for the community. Just keep trying, and practicing, I find it's best to show some of your closer friends your work first, and get their honest opinions, then, when you finally think you have a winner, post it.

I shall try to attempt to make a better banner (and give up 10 minutes later because i used to much c4d) :)

Edit: 7 minutes later, my banner looks like poop :p

gp2xbannerin0.jpg

PSyMastR posted on Dec 8 2006 at 04:57 PM said:
Well, it took me a whole 10 seconds to see in the url that it had a t in it, so I changed it to an i to get the whole picture:

i101617_gp2xbanner1.PNG

EDIT: Wow, this banner is... bad.
Holy God. Adblocked, because my eyes were offended.

Back