Gp2x Demo Competition: 750$ prize money

synkro posted on May 8 2006 at 01:57 PM said:
This was just an attempt to push the things in the right direction. I just think the compo deservs a site and some banners for publicity but ofcourse w/o profanity.
Ok, if nobody makes one for us I'll make something in the next week or two. So consider yourselves threatened: I own FrontPage and I'm not afraid to use it!!!

Actually, a cleaner more positive :p version of that cartoon would be good to go on such a page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dzz posted on May 8 2006 at 09:45 PM said:
synkro posted on May 8 2006 at 01:57 PM said:
This was just an attempt to push the things in the right direction. I just think the compo deservs a site and some banners for publicity but ofcourse w/o profanity.
Ok, if nobody makes one for us I'll make something in the next week or two. So consider yourselves threatened: I own FrontPage and I'm not afraid to use it!!!

Actually, a cleaner more positive :p version of that cartoon would be good to go on such a page.
No, dont use front page. It burns your eyes! I find dreamweaver better. Although its harder. Mind you I am pretty crap at making webpages. Not htatI have actually tried to make my own one. More steal other peoples!

sam fisher posted on May 8 2006 at 05:15 PM said:
No, dont use front page. It burns your eyes! I find dreamweaver better. Although its harder. Mind you I am pretty crap at making webpages. Not htatI have actually tried to make my own one. More steal other peoples!
Nope, I'm serious. Unless I get somebody to make a page for me, it's FrontPage!

This is your final warning.

Frontpage is just about as bad as opening your html page in word. It bloats it with so much crap, I'm gonna have to gouge my eyes out if you make that site in frontpage...

On another ot note: I found a bunny hole in my front yard, with 2 or 3? cute fuzzy baby bunnies and maybe another one...

Loubear posted on May 9 2006 at 02:35 AM said:
Frontpage is just about as bad as opening your html page in word. It bloats it with so much crap, I'm gonna have to gouge my eyes out if you make that site in frontpage...

On another ot note: I found a bunny hole in my front yard, with 2 or 3? cute fuzzy baby bunnies and maybe another one...
If you know every single thing about html then notepad would be the best editor

My main tool is FrontPage. If you look the source, provided you don't use templates there is very little bloat. However should you create your webpage in Word, it fills it with all kinds of crap.

I can use Dreamweaver though (used DW4 for quite a bit, own MX).

I have updated the original post to change the "must work on firmware" requirements. The new requirements are firmware 1.4.0 and 2.0.0. As always, this may change if new firmwares are released in the next few months.

As for the web page -- fine, I'll make it myself.

But if somebody could invent and post a logo, that would be cool.

dzzdemologo3gt.png

(naw)mcx posted on May 12 2006 at 02:43 PM said:
Lol. I will try is it for the home page or the comp?
It takes guts to think you can beat Nickspoon's logo.

It is for the competition itself, something like "gp2x demo competition". Not necessary to include 'dzz' in the logo but you could if for some reason it seems like a good idea. It would be sort of nice to include "August 1, 2006" but it's not required. Basically just something eye-catching about the competition.

Oh, pleaes include the url "gp2xdemo.com" in the logo if possible.

Thanks for the help!

here you go Dzz 15 min of my time produced this
use it if you want to
gp2x font cortesy off Daniel guldkrans

as we say in sweden
vasego din jäkla alkis ;)

hmm the image is not there anymore ??

little tip, not all you're links are working correctly
"<a href="archive.gp2x.de">archive.gp2x.de</a>"
should be: "<a href="http://archive.gp2x.de">archive.gp2x.de</a>"

Dzz posted on May 12 2006 at 09:30 PM said:

It is for the competition itself, something like "gp2x demo competition". Not necessary to include 'dzz' in the logo but you could if for some reason it seems like a good idea. It would be sort of nice to include "August 1, 2006" but it's not required. Basically just something eye-catching about the competition.

Thanks for the help!

KK. Doing

(naw)mcx posted on May 26 2006 at 10:29 AM said:
Dzz posted on May 12 2006 at 09:30 PM said:

Thanks for the help!

KK. Doing
Thanks!

For the gp2xdemo.com website itself, David Beoulve is making me one, but logos are always cool!

Greetings democoders!

There's eight weeks to go in the demo competition, which is more than plenty of time to make an entry even if you haven't started yet.

I have make two minor tweaks to the rules:

1. The firmware 1.4.0 requirement has been removed. Firmware 2.0.0 is now the only firmware release for which compatibility requirements exist. There is a chance that a newer firmware will be released by GPH before the competition. If that happens and it appears stable I will add that to the requirements.

2. I made a slight clarification to the wording of the 64k demo description. The rule has not changed, I just tried to make it a little clearer.

I recall being impressed with the high-poly, specular-mapped bust of Andrew Jackson (I think?) in the GP32 demo "aardbei".

There was a similar effect in the 2006 New Years demo, although I forget who it was by.

I'm hoping to see some impressive 3d flybys and objects on my gp2x, personally.

I recall being impressed with the high-poly, specular-mapped bust of Andrew Jackson (I think?) in the GP32 demo "aardbei".

There was a similar effect in the 2006 New Years demo, although I forget who it was by.

I'm hoping to see some impressive 3d flybys and objects on my gp2x, personally.
yeah the baardei - aardbei demo was really cool B),
wasn't the Happy New Year demo from "limp ninya"?

Back