Gp2x F200 Compatibility Thread

Yes, but be sure you deactivate the Squidgehack ™ in the hu6280.ini, because the emulator will crash on a newer firmware when it is turned on:

CODE
SQUIDGEHACK=OFF

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
Yes, but be sure you deactivate the Squidgehack ™ in the hu6280.ini, because the emulator will crash on a newer firmware when it is turned on:

CODE
SQUIDGEHACK=OFF
Regards,
Stephan

:D

That was the problem exactly. Thanks, some of my favorite games for that system are playable now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally recieved my f-200 and it's got problems so it's gonna have to go back.

Not a happy bunny !

The Video Clip

STAGE6 - http://stage6.divx.com/user/FruityNutter/v...2X-F-200-/-F200
(complete clip, best quality)

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpSPRMU6G_A
(slighty shorter, lower quality)

Anyone else had problems ?

sbock said:
-REminiscence 0.4 check
-Bor 2.0691 check
-GMU 0.6.0 check (Change to "no_stick.keymap", no back light power off)
-MAME 4.9 check
-PicoDrive 1.34 check
-ScummVM 0.10.0 check
-T2K check
-GMenu2x 0.9 check (A few links do not work, no battery gauge)
-NeoCDGP2x check
-Wind and Water 1.0.1 check
-Pipes (Java) not working! (Black screen and static noise after Java logo)
-EgoBoo check
-Vektar V2 Demo check
-UAE4all 0.7.2 check
-gpsp 0.9-2xb check
-psx4all 080407 check
-Ladykiller check
-Hu6280 Beta 1.07 check
-Noiz2sa V3 check
-Payback Demo check
-OpenTTD check
-Pulque Demo check
-Descent check
-WMVplay check
-Oldplay 1.20 check
-Pang check
-Frodo check
-Duke 3D 0.04 check
-CPU Speed check
-GnGeo2x 0.7 check
-CPS2 check
-GP2x Handy 0.01g check
-Chess 2x 0.3 check
-GP2xEngine v1.3k3 Beta check
-Wolf 3d check
-Quake 1 0.03 check
-Quake 2 0.01 not playable! (Stick click is missing to start or enter menu)

All programs are only quick checked.

I further noticed that the simulated stick click function is not working. (Pressing all 4 buttons of the d-pad)

Regards,
Stephan

That's good news, thanks for testing and sharing your experience. my unit is still not here. I am sure this silly Swiss custom is slowing down shipping again.

Hi,

I tried 2xquake v. 0.03, it crashes when it has to play sounds, so I add the -nosound parameter to the *.gpe and it now works fine.

Bye !

Magic Sam

sbock said:
[Snip]

I further noticed that the simulated stick click function is not working. (Pressing all 4 buttons of the d-pad)

Regards,
Stephan
Can anyone exit GPFCE (NES) without turning the F200 unit off?

I guess DaveC had a point when he was urging devs not to use the stick-click.

Thanks.

gp2xs said:

Thanks.
??

click the volume button and select exit. Are you using the latest version from Notaz?

brownstone said:
Alex. said:
brownstone said:
hello mate, names kris im a new guy without a clue(thanks to Mr 2X for directing me here)only got my machine yesterday n i cant get pocketsnes to work the menu sreen loads fine but when i select a rom it just goes blank n makes noise if you could help it would be much appreciated
cheers
Try adjusting the sound quality setting (and save it as global, for all games). That seems to be the origin for these incompatibilities.

Cheers Alex its working! ur a star

What settings did you use to make it work? I can't seem to figure out the right settings.

brownstone said:
hello mate, names kris im a new guy without a clue(thanks to Mr 2X for directing me here)only got my machine yesterday n i cant get pocketsnes to work the menu sreen loads fine but when i select a rom it just goes blank n makes noise if you could help it would be much appreciated
cheers
having same problem with snes and amiga. i am totaly new to this also. so greetings fellow noob, i will pm u if when i find things out. my brain hurts.
steve

b_o_b said:
gp2xs said:

Thanks.
??

click the volume button and select exit. Are you using the latest version from Notaz?

Thanks a lot!!! I was using an older version. Got the new MAME too and its sweet!

The controls on the F200 are better, but it could use a center pivot. Perhaps someone can make a Dpad replacement for the F200. It could be a solid disc with the exact shape to fit in the current location by just cutting away the four separate F200 dpad sections into one circle. That would only require the new whole Dpad and making four ~1mm cuts.

morrissey2k7 said:
Emulators I've tested that work (Most of these were quick tests, since I just got my F-200 today! :lol: I KNOW PocketSNES works fine, because I've been playing Chrono Trigger for a few hours on it):

PicoDrive
PocketSNES
RACE
AlexKidd2X
CPS2
GPFCE
GPSP
SquidgeSNES

Other than MAME, the only thing I've had issue with so far is GPQuake... to access ANYTHING on the main menu you need to click the joystick, and apparently pressing all 4 D-Pad buttons does not produce the same result. :(
is the CPS2 emu. that your using the cps2 test 8 application? or is there another one?

I just recieved my f200, so i'll test some more apps sometime, but so far:

- Cavestory v1.04: completely fails (blank screen) and just returns to the gp2x menu.
- sqdef v1.1D: works fine (in game, etc) except in the menu where you select the level, if you move to the 3rd (or was if 4th....) level it freezes.

I hope these bugs are due to sound frequency settings. Otherwise i've successfully tested gpsp v0.91, PocketSNES v6 and GnGeo v0.7.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone's f200 overclock to less than 280mhz?

brownstone said:
cheers
Are you using a mains power or High Capacity Batteries?

Adventus said:
- sqdef v1.1D: works fine (in game, etc) except in the menu where you select the level, if you move to the 3rd (or was if 4th....) level it freezes.
They included an older version of Sqdef (1.1D), even if I released 1.1E before they asked if they could include it on the disk. And I specifically asked that they include 1.1E. Anyway, try 1.1E from the archives (link), and see if you have the same problem. Only overwrite the file Sqdef.gpe, nothing else. I hope it works :)

They included an older version of Sqdef (1.1D), even if I released 1.1E before they asked if they could include it on the disk. And I specifically asked that they include 1.1E. Anyway, try 1.1E from the archives (link), and see if you have the same problem. Only overwrite the file Sqdef.gpe, nothing else. I hope it works
hmmm nope that didn't work. I tried first just replacing the gpe, then copying the entire directory. It gets to the "MAPS" menu and the first 3 maps are selectable and work (as far as i can tell), then when hightlight "Dead Man's Curve" and press down.... the screen shifts a few pixels up and the game freezes. Strange.... but thanks for your help.

Adventus said:
I just recieved my f200, so i'll test some more apps sometime, but so far:

- Cavestory v1.04: completely fails (blank screen) and just returns to the gp2x menu.

I hope these bugs are due to sound frequency settings. Otherwise i've successfully tested gpsp v0.91, PocketSNES v6 and GnGeo v0.7.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone's f200 overclock to less than 280mhz?
My F200 overclocks to 280, but I read somewhere that it's bad for the system to run it that high. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Als does anybody know if the 2600 emulator is being worked on? Maybe it already works and I've got the wrong settings or version or something, but I can't seem to find any current information on it.

I have had my MK1 :gp2x for 2 years and I overclock most of my apps to 290mhz that need it. I have had no problems at all.

My F200 overclocks to 280, but I read somewhere that it's bad for the system to run it that high. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Yea stable overclocking should not adversely affect it, its only if it gets insanely hot that you should worry. From what i seen it seems every f200 clocks to 280Mhz, which is promising considering the varying values (240 - 300mhz) obtained by other gp2x users. I guess whomever manufactures the chip has managed to get a very consistent process.

Adventus said:
They included an older version of Sqdef (1.1D), even if I released 1.1E before they asked if they could include it on the disk. And I specifically asked that they include 1.1E. Anyway, try 1.1E from the archives (link), and see if you have the same problem. Only overwrite the file Sqdef.gpe, nothing else. I hope it works
hmmm nope that didn't work. I tried first just replacing the gpe, then copying the entire directory. It gets to the "MAPS" menu and the first 3 maps are selectable and work (as far as i can tell), then when hightlight "Dead Man's Curve" and press down.... the screen shifts a few pixels up and the game freezes. Strange.... but thanks for your help.
not to accuse but this really sounds like you have not done it right somehow. the older build had a problem where if it saw something it didn't like in your high score file, it would crash when you went by that level in the list. but if you delete your high score files, that problem should go away immediately.

try it again, make sure to delete your scores file before running, and if you are using windows, make sure you do a clean removal (safely remove hardware icon) and all that.

actually i would just install 1.1e on your sd card and don't use the built-in one.

also, mine hasn't gotten up to 280 but i can get close to it. maybe new batteries or a power supply would enable me to. but no it's definitely not a problem to overclock these kind of chips.

Back