Gp2x F200 Compatibility Thread

not to accuse but this really sounds like you have not done it right somehow. the older build had a problem where if it saw something it didn't like in your high score file, it would crash when you went by that level in the list. but if you delete your high score files, that problem should go away immediately.

try it again, make sure to delete your scores file before running, and if you are using windows, make sure you do a clean removal (safely remove hardware icon) and all that.
Hmmm, nope. I tried again, I copied the exact folder from the sqdef v1.1E .zip and it crashes when i press down on the 3rd level. Is anything triggered in this event?

Actually i've got a feeling its my SD card.... while I'm waiting for my 4gb one to turn up i've just been using a miniSD + adaptor from my nokia phone. It seems to have trouble being written to by the gp2x, hence my trouble with GnGeo config files. Sorry for the false alarm, if it works on others, i guess its my SD card.

yeah that's what i meant, not that you'd done anything wrong, just that you were doing it and it wasn't "taking" because of sd issues.

i would try to, instead of writing over the files, just put them in a whole new folder, unless you've already done that.

supposedly the new solid state drives are supposed to last longer than hard drives. given the experience i've had with faulty sd & other flash media, i'm cynical about this at the moment.

edit: atroshus speling

I thought it was just me, but I've now verified that DOSBox is not working on the F200. I've tried the provided games (Alone in the Dark and Tyrian) and neither work with no modifications to their GPE or conf files. Dosbox is extracted to the root of the SD card.

The behaviour is a black screen for several seconds, and then dropping back to the menu.

Looking forward to a fix, with or without touchscreen support... :)

hmmm maybe im doing something wrong

but I checked sterm and it is not working...I get black screen
same with enexfi...

and doom shoots me back to the main menu...something just aint right about this.

DosBox is now working on my F-200. It seems there are problems when launching Dosbox with Gmenu2x.

Sterm and Enexfi work for me without problems, even with Gmenu2x.

The Payback demo version works like a charm. I haven't got the full version yet...

Regards,
Stephan

Hello! I'm on the cusp of ordering an F-200, and I'm quite pleased that so many things are compatible or being updated to work with this rather shiny new box.

Anyway, I'm just here to ask if anyone's tested that lovely port of Nethack yet?

drachers said:
Hello! I'm on the cusp of ordering an F-200, and I'm quite pleased that so many things are compatible or being updated to work with this rather shiny new box.

Anyway, I'm just here to ask if anyone's tested that lovely port of Nethack yet?
Nethack works for me, just turned it on to let you know. I can't get diagonals to work with the dpad though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I finaly got my GP2x F200. I've got a question: do the Knight Lore remake works on F200? I've got a strange issue that when I'm starting the game it says it's game over even before I do anything. It just goes from the menu screen to the game over screen. Does anybody have any idea?
Thanks.

Mr 2X said:
Anyone tested Payback (Full version) ?
I have. The 'game' directory that GPH's braindead new menu app adds seems to cause the copy protection to freak out. I added an autorun.gpu to my payback card to bypass the menu app and therefore the creation of this directory and it works fine. I suppose you could edit the .gpe to remove the /mnt/sd/game menu instead.

guayar said:
Hi, I finaly got my GP2x F200. I've got a question: do the Knight Lore remake works on F200? I've got a strange issue that when I'm starting the game it says it's game over even before I do anything. It just goes from the menu screen to the game over screen. Does anybody have any idea?
Thanks.
I have the same problem with the latest version on my F100. Give the GBAX2007 version a try.

Has anyone got Frotz to run? Infocom Universe Bootleg is a bit tired of my PC and needs a new home.

Just wanted to check something. I've had problems with my SD card not working. Would the automatic creation of the 'game' folder get in the way somehow. I never really noticed it until my card would not get recognised anymore. How do you get rid of the game folder if it's not really useful?

I got my F200 a week ago and so far I got these to work....

Games:
Decent2
Duke - Atomic Edition
Heretic
Hexen
Quake

Emus:
GPSP09 (runs a lil slow)
Pocket SNES 6.1
MAME GP2X v5.1
CPS2 v7 (OMGL I'm in luv with these games!!! Grafx rox!)

Utils:
GMenu2X (Awsome Utility - A must have)

Thats it so far........ but I'll keep updating..

Back