Gp2x F200 Sd Card Problem

I'm guessing I might have the same issue once they have tested my one. It's pointless be having it back now as I have another one already. Although if I'm already using the same SD card and it works in my new F200, surely that's proof enough that the first one actually is knackered! Will update you all once I hear from them again.

Update...

11th Feb:

Hi Tony,

I am awaiting your reply.

No Reply

12th Feb:

Hi Tony,

Please don't ignore my emails. I would like a reply about how we can
fix my problem.

No Reply

13th Feb:

Hi Tony,

Your email address that I am sending this to is titled "Play-Asia Customer Service", however I don't feel that at this time you are offering me any customer service.

I have a GP2X-F200 that I have owned for over three months now and have never been able to use reliably. I have sent you three emails in recent days and received no reply. Is this customer service? No.

Tell me what you are going to do to fix my GP2X-F200.

I know there are some F200 from the first batch that corrupt data on SD cards. Some of my customers also had some, I tested it and could repeat the problem.
I replaced them with new ones.

Seems to be a problem mainly with WRITING to the SD Card.
Reading seems fine, writing corrupts sometimes. I tried it with PocketSNES, saving, loading, saving, loading... after about 20 minutes I had a corrupted savestate.

But it may be pretty hard for PlayAsia to repeat that problem, as you need to be a bit experienced with the gp2x.

EvilDragon,

I wish I had bought from you instead of Play-asia.com.

I still have not had a reply to my emails.

At last a reply...

14th Feb:

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

We are sorry to hear this problem again. But that's very strange as we
have already tested the console with sd cards several times and we do not
face any problem about reading sd cards. In this case, we will recommend
you to test it again at a later time and make sure if the batteries have
sufficient power? Problem may occur when the battery level goes down.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Tony
Play-Asia.com

Hi Tony,

Thank you for replying.

I have tested with both a GP2X Power Adaptor and fully-charged batteries.

The GP2X-F200 was reading the Kingmax SD card fine for the first few days and then it started to have trouble reading it. Initially I could turn off the GP2X-F200 take the card out, put the card back in, reboot the GP2X-F200 and it would be fine. However after about ten days even that wouldn't work. Now the GP2X-F200 doesn't see the SD card at all.

I can take the card out and place it in my GP2X-F100 and the data is all there. I put the SD card back in the GP2X-F200..., nothing.

I would like to send the GP2X-F200 and the SD card back for further testing. I would expect that upon confirmation of my issue you will either refund my money or replace my GP2X-F200 with a new one.

They have agreed to test the unit, again.

19th Feb:

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Please return the faulty item to

Play-Asia.com
Attn: Exchanges & Returns
P.O. Box 661
Texaco Road Post Office
Tsuen Wan, NT
Hong Kong

With your return parcel please include a letter describing your problem as
well as your order ID as reference number. Latest will be very important
for us to handle your case.

Please be reminded if the console still works fine after testing or if it
has been 'repaired, worked on, or altered by persons not authorized by
Seller, we reserve the right to ship back the original item and will need
to charge you the shipment fee for returning back (we are not able to
waive the return shipment fee, like last time). Noted that we are not able
to accept return for the third time if the console still works fine this
time.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Tony
Play-Asia.com

Hi,

I am returning my GP2X-F200, again, as it has trouble reading the Kingmax SD card.

The Kingmax SD card is in the GP2X-F200 and contains two folders named music and photo. Inside the music folder there are about twenty MP3 files and inside the photo folder there are some JPG files.

I can read all the data on the Kingmax SD card when it is inserted into my GP2X-F100 however the GP2X-F200 refuses to read it.

As I stated when I returned the GP2X-F200 the first time, the card reader in this unit is faulty. I expect you to confirm this and either replace my GP2X-F200 with a new one or refund my money.

I finally got my refund from them today, they made out that they were doing me a favour! Hello! It was broken! They said "it seems that your GP2X cannot read SD cards anymore"!!!!!!!!!! F**K me, I've been telling them that for a month and a half, please, anyone who wants to buy one, don't buy one from them! You save money but if it breaks, it's ALOT of hassle!

Finally it is all over! Play-asia have refunded my money for both the GP2X-F200 and the SD card.

I wouldn't buy from Play-asia again for several reasons:

1. They should have tested the unit more extensively the first time I sent it back, I told them from the beginning that the SD card reader was faulty. I think they should give their customer's a bit more respect. What ever happened to the customer is always right?

2. Whenever I sent them an email I would wait two working days and almost always receive no reply. Then I would have to follow up with two or three more emails to get a reply to my original email. This would usually result in a five day turnaround for a reply. This is not good customer service.

3. I will never recover the money it cost me to twice send the unit back to Hong Kong. I will always buy local from now on.

I ordered another GP2X-F200 last week from a local supplier GP2X Shop and received it two days ago. I have given it a good workout and it has been working 100% with no issues at all. :D

Oh f*ck, my F200 has stopped reading cards now. :( :( I can access them from the PC (via the GP2X) but the GP2X itself can't see them. I'm glad I bought locally (same place as you Lardy), but after the d-pad & stylus mods I've done I don't think a replacement is going to happen. *sigh* I'll email them anyway.

Fixed!

Re-flashing the firmware got it going again. It took me a day and a half to even bother trying, because I assumed that if it wasn't reading cards it wouldn't work.

Assumption. Making an ass out of me and me both.

Hey,

I would just like to point out that the GP2X has no mechanism for detecting if an SD card is locked, the lock on an SD card is merely a piece of plastic sliding on 2 rails.
This would be why the unit still corrupts data while the card is locked.

Aaron.

Back