Let me explain a few things:
- The GP2x was created within a very short time limit, on a very tight budget.
- The GP2x was created by three people, not a whole R&D department.
- The GP2x has a SoC design. This is cheap and effective.
- The GP2x stick sucks, yes, but there are projects to replace it. I'm going to replace mine with a DPad!
- If you like the PSP's ghosty screen and squished aspect ratio, go ahead and buy one. It was created by a cast of thousands over two years, most probably.
Hey. The GP2x beats the iPod for music and video, PSP for games and emulators (NO HACKING WOO) and it's an all around good machine. Very cheap, too. It beats the hell out of other 'third party' handhelds. Gizmondo, Game King (cute console ^^), stuff like that. All created by very tiny companies.
Oh, and the emus on the GP2x will flourish. It has more software in.. er.. since November, than the PSP had in it's ENTIRE EXISTANCE =D Patience!