Gp2x Mplayer Supports Mp4v3

Shikaku

ROFL THE WORD PENIS IS HILARIOUS!
USA... I feel lonely, not that many people from US
Website
Visit site
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&sh...ndpost&p=398127

As per this thread, it has been discovered that MP4V3 codec works (I tried in 2.0 firmware.)

I tried a lot of other formats as well after I noticed this, to see if any new formats are supported. Nothing came up new in my search, and I even tried MP4V2, and that doesn't work.

Freak file/Coicidence, wrong FourCC, or something else? I don't have another file with MP4V3, so can anyone confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty hot. All that should be needed is support in the player app; the decoding helper hardware in the MMSP2 just handles the lower-level algorithms used by MPEG4 implementations.

DivX 3.11a is the Microsoft MP4V3 codec hacked into an avi container. I'm not sure if the file posted in the mentioned thread is the Microsoft codec. The V1 and V2 codecs are allowed in avi containers, but when V3 came out, they limited it to asf and wmv(?). So, the DivX ;-) team hacked the V3 codec into an avi container.

There are ways to take an asf format video, put it in an avi container, and decode it with the DivX ;-) 3.11a codec-along with subsequent DivX and Xvid codecs. The fourcc just needs to match a DivX one.

Back