Gp2x Power Supply

Sonic X

Still Fresh
Hi this has been bugging me for a long time, does anyone know if you can charge the batteries while they are in the GP2X using the power cord. The reason why I ask this is because I have to get the batteries out using my finger nails and that leaves marks and dents in the batterie on the sides and I don't wan't the GP2X or the batteries in the GP2X being dented and scrached up because I am a very nit pickie person.

No, the GP2X does not charge the batteries. I was able to bend the contact in just a bit and now it is quite a lot easier to get my batteries out, you might want to try that (just don't bend it too far in obviously)

Mudi posted on Mar 21 2007 at 11:43 PM said:
No, the GP2X does not charge the batteries. I was able to bend the contact in just a bit and now it is quite a lot easier to get my batteries out, you might want to try that (just don't bend it too far in obviously)

Ok I will just get the power cord than.

Last edited by a moderator:
* also recommends picking up an AC adapter, just in case *

purple_goat posted on Mar 21 2007 at 09:42 PM said:
I hit the batteries out with the edge of the battery cover, no problems here..
I do the same thing, and each time I feel like I'm closer to snapping the cover in half :(

Alex. posted on Mar 22 2007 at 03:06 AM said:
purple_goat posted on Mar 21 2007 at 09:42 PM said:
I hit the batteries out with the edge of the battery cover, no problems here..
I do the same thing, and each time I feel like I'm closer to snapping the cover in half :(

Ok I have decided since I don't like using batteries I will just sell the rechargables and get a power cord.

Sell them? You won´t get anything for used batteries, and what if you want to play outside?

I mean, if you´re playing at home anyway, why don´t you sell your GP2X altogether and just use your PC? It does anything the ´2X can do...

Fishbong posted on Mar 22 2007 at 11:00 AM said:
Sell them? You won´t get anything for used batteries, and what if you want to play outside?

I mean, if you´re playing at home anyway, why don´t you sell your GP2X altogether and just use your PC? It does anything the ´2X can do...

Well I didn't really mean I wanted to sell them I just wanted to basically throw them away. Because I didn't know after a long period of time the rechargable batteries will die and you have to get new ones so yeah I will either modd my unit to have a built in batterie , get a cord, or just flat out sell it even though I don't want to not really a lost considering how crappy the MAME compatible list is compared to the PC. I could just get a USB flash drive like 2 GB or something and have all those games not playable on the GP2X. I could get a XGP but the whole reason for the GP2X was the screen was better than the PSPs and XGP as fare as the size I wanted the screen to be.

fatdad posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:02 PM said:
i have a piece of ribbon stuck in the bottom of the batterie bay. i just pull it to pop out the batteries :)

I know I have heard that before but I don't want to tape or glue any thing to my GP2X and plus I have given up on the GP2X any way because of personal issues.

Sonic X posted on Mar 22 2007 at 03:17 PM said:
. . . plus I have given up on the GP2X any way because of personal issues.
Like the reason that your person is Epicenter.

Sonic X posted on Mar 21 2007 at 04:36 PM said:
EDIT: does any one know if I can use the AC adaptor while my GP2X is in the official case.

MR. Edit,

Please be assured that we will be officially opening proceedings to determine how to proceed with your case. The stance now is half divided and zippered with a pocket and net. The "net" group wants Wifi on a USB stick, where the 25% majority "pocket" group merely want proper SNES emulation. The Snees say "let them eat hankerchief".

For the time being, please unofficially case and power your is in the official case. Please apply left side to AC and connect bottom to a chair as play happy fun commences with marvelous control stick axis 8 device.

Sincerely,

Gorilla Postage Handlers,

GPH SK (Soeul, Koreans)

nubie posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:40 PM said:
EDIT: does any one know if I can use the AC adaptor while my GP2X is in the official case.

MR. Edit,

Please be assured that we will be officially opening proceedings to determine how to proceed with your case. The stance now is half divided and zippered with a pocket and net. The "net" group wants Wifi on a USB stick, where the 25% majority "pocket" group merely want proper SNES emulation. The Snees say "let them eat hankerchief".

For the time being, please unofficially case and power your is in the official case. Please apply left side to AC and connect bottom to a chair as play happy fun commences with marvelous control stick axis 8 device.

Sincerely,

GPH SK (Soeul, Koreans)

lol thats brightened up my day a little :p

Samba Pa Ti posted on Mar 22 2007 at 11:40 PM said:
nubie posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:40 PM said:

MR. Edit,

Sincerely,

GPH SK (Soeul, Koreans)

lol thats brightened up my day a little :p
I'm glad we could help. ;)

Back