Gp2x Pre-orders

dragonforce-europe

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hi all!,

It has been a very long time since i was here. but i am back with some good news.

This is what is happening currently:

End this week the online shop will be open to take pre-orders for the gp2x's.

The standard colour will be black. The Launch date in the netherlands will be 1 December. The reason why its 1 december is because we still are not sure if the package will be in korean or english. and/or the manual will be in english. So we will have to translate it. and make some promotions etc.

December will be a happy month for all future Gp2X owners. because not only will (lets call it GP2X Netherlands for now) GP2x Netherlands sell the GP2X in The netherlands (and sell and ship to: UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Swiss and Italy, if a country is not listed here where you live. please pm me so that i can add it)

We also intend to give away the following with every order if its not in the package:

1 headphone (not the big ones)
2 rechargeble batteries
and it might be possible that we add a carrying case with it. but that depends on the amount of pre-orders.

But we will also give a 29 euros discount in the month december. making all GP2x's 170 euros each.

Advised retail price is 199 euros. And to stunt even more. We will give away one free GP2X to every lucky 50th customer. And we will even pay the shipping costs for the lucky 50th customer.

If anyone wants to pre-order a gp2x (i know its early. but gph said that they might not handle all the demand. so if ordered now, dissapointments will not be there on 1 december) you can leave a message here.

Please put you're Complete name plus Email adress so that we can contact you. If there is any questions regarding the GP2X or what i said. i will gladly response to them.

Thank you for taking the time reading this.

199€? thats a ripoff, gp2x.de will have them for 150 at the beginning and a bit more expensive later, gp32z.com haves them for about 160/170€ depending on $ rate, gbax will have them for about 180€.

199 is just way to much, and 170 is also pretty expensive, you should overthink that prices, also the evry 50th gp free sugests that you make a huge profit from evry unit, wich would be spend way better in supporting the scene like craigix does than by giveing free gp's to random people.

Vimacs posted on Sep 6 2005 at 03:53 PM said:
199€? thats a ripoff, gp2x.de will have them for 150 at the beginning and a bit more expensive later, gp32z.com haves them for about 160/170€ depending on $ rate, gbax will have them for about 180€.

also noone knows you, i doubt you will sell any units outside of nl.

no its 170 euros. not 199 euros. and if nobody knows me. then they forgot me. since it was a very very long time i visited this board

it is easy to see it this way.

50 units is alot of units. you can get 1 unit when you sell 50 units. so giving away one unit doesnt mean the profit is that high.

It is also that we want to advertise. which as you might know. isnt cheap.

What would you suggest thats reasonable?. if you had to advertise in buses, train stations, tv programs etcetcetc.

we want to make it as reasonable as possible. but if it gets too low. then we have to remove the monthly free giftst that was planned plus the free gp2x's.

because we want to make the gp2x more populair we have to advertise. and to advertise we need money.

And you can indeed sell a gp2x for 150. if you buy alot of them. and sell it as a hobby. but advertising then will become more difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
Back