Votes: 0 0.0%
  • im kinda bummed, such problems made me use the gp2x less than i wanted

• its horrible, im not using it again nor recommending it till its fixed

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all sorry for my english, it's not my language.

I've bought the gp2x really soon.
I already had a gp32

SO, why i bought a gp2x?

seems obvious, the get the work of gp32 to be done better and faster.

i found an lcd full of flickering.. THIS SUCKS, mates!
i found a joystick really prone to get diagonals as i take a breath, and a slippery capstick that would have done freddie mercury happy for over 10 years. THIS SUCK, mates.
i found high loading times. not a big issue, i admit it, but WHY?
movie player is crap, come on. low compatibility, RF&FF&pause upset the player. Sync problems. THIS SUCKS, mates!

Battery life could be better but could even be worse, so it's not an issue in my opinion.
USB issues are not a problem for me, i've got a nice card reader.

RESULTS? gamepark IDIOTS for having thrown in a shit-of-a-joystick, and for a firware that barely works.

On the other hand, che little console is a joy, lot of emulators, more power than gp32, support for sd cards, and TV connection (if only TV-connections cable weren't CRAP)

So i hate it and i love it, and i'm sure that time will make gp2x a better console.

BUT FOR GOD SAKE, LET US REPLACE THE FRIGGIN JOYSTICK

The problems are severe and something needs to be done. But the way I see it, is that GPH already has my money and has no real reason to ever fix any of our problems as it stands right now. Actually thanks to GPL, they have good reasons not to.

However, this has shown us that GPH responds to negative press and hateful emails. I think that an official list of our problems should be made, and *we* should set a reasonable date in the future that they are all to be fixed. An email should be drafted--possibly in korean, and GPH should be sent this, by many individual users. If our demands aren't met by this specified date, the entire group that helped draft the letter of demands should return their GP2X units to their vendors and begin 'negative campaigning' on a large scale.

It's a shame that it's come to this. But how many of us thought it would be 'just a month or two' until the problems were sorted out? I sure did--thanks forum. I've stopped caring if GPH succeeds in the business world--I have no pity for them. There has been more than enough time to repair the problems in this unit, and there are tons of other handhelds in the world, none of which were launched like this, to my knowledge. Don't forget that we've already spent $200 a piece on these, at minimum.

what I want is a real solution to user problems by the most rapid means possible. Taking this to the company in a negative way, is actually the best way I can think of to do this. We have to show them that more than just GPL lawsuits can cost them money. Unless anybody else can think of a better suggestion.

s2000 posted on Feb 13 2006 at 01:04 PM said:
first of all sorry for my english, it's not my language.

I've bought the gp2x really soon.
I already had a gp32

SO, why i bought a gp2x?

seems obvious, the get the work of gp32 to be done better and faster.

i found an lcd full of flickering.. THIS SUCKS, mates!
i found a joystick really prone to get diagonals as i take a breath, and a slippery capstick that would have done freddie mercury happy for over 10 years. THIS SUCK, mates.
i found high loading times. not a big issue, i admit it, but WHY?
movie player is crap, come on. low compatibility, RF&FF&pause upset the player. Sync problems. THIS SUCKS, mates!

Battery life could be better but could even be worse, so it's not an issue in my opinion.
USB issues are not a problem for me, i've got a nice card reader.

RESULTS? gamepark IDIOTS for having thrown in a shit-of-a-joystick, and for a firware that barely works.

On the other hand, che little console is a joy, lot of emulators, more power than gp32, support for sd cards, and TV connection (if only TV-connections cable weren't CRAP)

So i hate it and i love it, and i'm sure that time will make gp2x a better console.

BUT FOR GOD SAKE, LET US REPLACE THE FRIGGIN JOYSTICK
I consider this a good post - I consider a lot of what gogeta was doing trolling.

It also helps that s2000 didn't make a brand new thread about his complaints with a poll that doesn't cover all bases and then acted like he "owned" posters.

People act like "gp2x zealots" refuse to believe there are problems. I'm an example of why that's not the case. I don't even have a gp2x yet (I ordered it a couple days ago), I'm a really calm, nice, kind of guy, and on top of that I've only been on these boards for a month or two. BUT I'm already getting annoyed at the same threads over and over again. It's getting ridiculous. If you have a complain, please, feel free to up one of the many other threads.

Reaperman93010 posted on Feb 13 2006 at 01:18 PM said:
The problems are severe and something needs to be done. But the way I see it, is that GPH already has my money and has no real reason to ever fix any of our problems as it stands right now. Actually thanks to GPL, they have good reasons not to.

However, this has shown us that GPH responds to negative press and hateful emails. I think that an official list of our problems should be made, and *we* should set a date in the future that they are all to be fixed. An email should be drafted--possibly in korean, and GPH should be sent this, by many individual users. If our demands aren't met by this specified date, the entire group that helped draft the letter of demands should return their GP2X units to their vendors and begin 'negative campaigning' on a large scale.

It's a shame that it's come to this. But how many of us thought it would be 'just a month or two' until the problems were sorted out? I sure did--thanks forum. I've stopped caring if GPH succeeds in the business world--I have no pity for them. There has been more than enough time to repair the problems in this unit, and there are tons of other handhelds in the world, none of which were launched like this, to my knowledge. Don't forget that we've already spent $200 a piece on these, at minimum.
great idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah, skipped over all this right when I read Gogeta"s posts on page 3.

He calls daveC a troll, yet you overuse the :D smilies and keep scolding him, and stuff like "laugh.gif HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! laugh.gif" and "DaveC owned once again laugh.gif"...

Seriously, say you are trying to hold a serious conversation, but you are the one asuming everyone here is flaming, and the only one's that you say are mature, are the one's that agree with everything you say.

In page 1, you say something about holding the gp2x so you notice the scanlines. That's the same as if I would say about the zodiac's triggers: rip it off, you'll see how easy it is to pull it off.

In a decent conversation, each person should be allowed to say his point, and not get "you flamer, you childish person, you immature, ..." trown to him.

Oh yeah, a quick sidenote, did the zodiac actually have an mpg player? (I'm not too sure, but I believe not, so, ...)

Well, atleast you're not talking about the 240x320 res screen, AA batteries, or analog controller. :) (Note: Gogeta and I had a friendly discussion regarding these points)

MakavelianKode posted on Feb 13 2006 at 06:20 PM said:
People act like "gp2x zealots" refuse to believe there are problems. I'm an example of why that's not the case. I don't even have a gp2x yet (I ordered it a couple days ago), I'm a really calm, nice, kind of guy, and on top of that I've only been on these boards for a month or two. BUT I'm already getting annoyed at the same threads over and over again. It's getting ridiculous. If you have a complain, please, feel free to up one of the many other threads.

I don't think we are "zealots" and refuse to believe there are problems. We know and admit it is far from perfect. The flaming here is mostly due to the original poster's troll like manner in which he presented things. Plus as you say do we really need ANOTHER GP2X bash thread? I say no.

We admit it's not perfect, but love it all the same. That can be said for a lot of things :)

Not particularly relating to this thread, but I'm seeing fault with the tone of this forum, seriously. No-one can voice an opinion without getting flamed. OK, in the case of the OP of this thread, he really was asking for it. But there are other times when people can get all flamey over somebody asking the wrong question at the wrong time in the wrong place, or saying something they disagree with (I'm a culprit of this as much as anybody else), and this really isn't the tone we want on a discussion forum.

Just my 5 pence.

reaperman93010 - it hasn't been launched.

and reaperman93010 - i don't care. seriously. i am completely happy with my gp2x and it fulfills everything i wanted it to do and more. if you feel otherwise, and still seem intent on puking up the same "they told me this, i expected that" crap, i don't think anyone would be all too sorry to see you gone.

sorry for the flame, especially after nickspoon's post, but i am just sick of hearing the same unconstructive comments again and again. please desist.

DaveC posted on Feb 13 2006 at 01:59 PM said:
I don't think we are "zealots" and refuse to believe there are problems. We know and admit it is far from perfect. The flaming here is mostly due to the original poster's troll like manner in which he presented things. Plus as you say do we really need ANOTHER GP2X bash thread? I say no.
Yeah that's what I was tryna say. That people like gogeta think we are zealots and refuse to see the problems with gp2x which is such an unfounded claim.

.Gogeta§§J4BR. posted on Feb 13 2006 at 04:48 AM said:
IF YOU VOTE, THEN REPLY. ONLY VOTE IF YOU CAN STAND UP TO YOUR OPINION.

Gosh you're pushy. What is this, a GPH-themed interrogation? NO I WON'T BACK UP MY OPINION BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO. This may be your first post but you're not doing much to endear yourself to the community. Begone stupid troll.

Haha. None of those choices suited me really so I will have to abstain.
I have about one slight problem. Not several. Nothing really bothers me. Pros outweigh the cons loads.

Agreed. Although I voted for the first option because it was closest. This poll is bias.

1 more vote to close stupid thread.

I got my gp2x last week, and so far I think it's great! The screen flickers slightly sometimes, but it's not bad enough to annoy me. I've had to work with PC monitors that flicker much more than that, so I guess I'm used to it. The joystick slips a bit, but I'm also used to playing on a Nokia 7650 which has a HORRIBLE joystick (I beat one of the Sonic games on the megadrive emulator with that thing), so I can't complain about the gp2x's. I'm happy with it.

If I can complain about anything, it's the battery life. The pair it came with lasted an hour or two (or was it more? Time goes by more quickly when you're having fun and shooting people in Quake). I got myself 6 2500 batteries, so that problem should be solved. :)
One more thing, it would be REALLY nice if the power from a USB connection could be used, rather than depending on the batteries. I haven't been able to find a power supply I trust yet (the one I had gave out 15v according to a voltimeter, when it was supposed to give 3v). I guess it's just a matter of passing a resistor and a wire from the USB power line to the plug on the side. Anybody think this is a good/bad idea?

i'm a newbie here but i see a lot of futil-barking.

SO.. do you want to TRY to do SOMETHING to solve this problem? or do u just want to bark at the moon?

We can write a nice letter with a list of known issues, indicating the 3 or 4 issues we would like to have fixed.
We can than give the letter to everybody that agrees with it.
We can, at a fixed date, send (each one of us) the letter to game park holdings.
The same company we once send to our hard-earned money. mine for sure.

This is the way people act in a civil world, that's all. It's the first step to officially let GPH know that there is something wrong, and that -HEY- we really expect them to start seriously fixing something. Starting with crappy unbalanced diagonal-biased joystick.

You don't want to send the email to GPH? You have lost the right to complain about it.

In a civil world.

OK, so it's a rubbish joystick, and there's a rubbish screen. But they work. As far as I can see, GPH have no obligation to fix this. They can if they want to, and should, as it will get them more customers. If you don't like it, send your OWN GP2X back. If you have complaints, send your OWN letter to GPH. Complaining about it here will not help, no matter how much you do it. Now stop polluting our forums.

+1 vote for thread closure.

first of all this is your forum as it's mine.

second if YOU dont want to send a mail, maybe others WILL.

GPH may havo no obligations but i HAVE the right to ASK.

Third, mine was a proposal.

getting a rubbish joystick and then writing "BUT IT WORKS" is really a PUNK attitude.

woogal posted on Feb 13 2006 at 07:51 AM said:
When was support for .mpg files promised? I don't think I've ever seen anything official from GPH that says they will deliver .mpg support.
It's stated on the freaking box itself :p plus, it has been at some point at their pages, it has also been listed in every spec list gph has thrown on the web
now saying mpeg4 and wanting the end user not to expect the .mpg container available is really lame, isnt that?
for what other reason the video player display the avi videos with a little "avi" icon next to it, if they were not actually preparing other containers support ("mpg")
I'm not even trying to say every pmp/pep should have, at least, support to mpg(which is a basic thing), I'm just stating that was what most people waited for :(

I'm pretty much pleased with the results of my topic
it trully presents 3 kinds of gp2x users: the ones who use it and enjoy it but are bummed by some problems, the ones who got it wishing it were better (because it really sounded so and really needed to be so) and last, but certainly not the least, the ones who got pissed I brought this topic into discussion and ended up flaming me because they can't defend theirselves as grown-up persons :p

I knew I would still hear honest opinions like the one from s2000 (top of this page and top of the last 5th page) and that serves you right.
You all know what I'm talking about, thats why you all are so pissed! -_-

for all of you who want this topic closed: it is about freedom of speech and we are debating the current software support from GPH. as you can see, many people who got silent a long time ended up admiting it's really an issue.

I'm doing this in the hopes of getting everyone to think about it and judge if its right or not for GPH to do this (and hopefully get GPH's attention while at it :p )

MPEG-4 != mp4
mp4 = container format for MPEG-4
avi = container format for different types of codecs, including DivX
DivX = MPEG-4

I hope that clears stuff up.

Edit: Oh, and gogeta, the only thing I'm pissed at is you.

.Gogeta§§J4BR. posted on Feb 13 2006 at 09:07 PM said:
I'm pretty much pleased with the results of my topic
it trully presents 3 kinds of gp2x users: the ones who use it and enjoy it but are bummed by some problems, the ones who got it wishing it were better (because it really sounded so and really needed to be so) and last, but certainly not the least, the ones who got pissed I brought this topic into discussion and ended up flaming me because they can't defend theirselves as grown-up persons :p

I knew I would still hear honest opinions like the one from s2000 (top of this page and top of the last 5th page) and that serves you right.
You all know what I'm talking about, thats why you all are so pissed! -_-

for all of you who want this topic closed: it is about freedom of speech and we are debating the current software support from GPH. as you can see, many people who got silent a long time ended up admiting it's really an issue.

I'm doing this in the hopes of getting everyone to think about it and judge if its right or not for GPH to do this (and hopefully get GPH's attention while at it :p )

Ok. Now I will flame you, as that last post really was mentally retarded. Wait for it. My flame is being written as we speak.

Okay here goes.
Firstly lets read this:
Draken said:
Seriously, say you are trying to hold a serious conversation, but you are the one asuming everyone here is flaming, and the only one's that you say are mature, are the one's that agree with everything you say.
Lets see if he was right about you assuming that everyone who doesn't agree with you is immature and "flaming" you.
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
the ones who got pissed I brought this topic into discussion and ended up flaming me because they can't defend theirselves as grown-up persons :p
Oh look thats the first thing you said in your post how amusing.
Lets look at this flaming, I really did not see very much. I certainly never called you immature for a start. I said:
Hanz™ said:
Haha. None of those choices suited me really so I will have to abstain.
I have about one slight problem. Not several. Nothing really bothers me. Pros outweigh the cons loads.
I don't see a flame in there, am I being immmature? Did I even seem pissed off?
Was I just one single case, or was there many more people in this thread that believed the same thing as me.
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
No he is a minority, the poll and reactions in here clearly show that. Why exactly would we be "served right" by this. It is not as if we really care, if he had taken the time to read what he was buying then he would have known what he was buying, and respectively you.
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
for all of you who want this topic closed: it is about freedom of speech and we are debating the current software support from GPH.
Since when is creating a poll with no I am perfectly happy option a fair poll?
That is some "Freedom of speech" you are allowing us there.
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
as you can see, many people who got silent a long time ended up admiting it's really an issue.
Shall I post some of the magnificent "silence" threads we have been having recently.
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
Don't go getting your hopes up.

And how exactly can you own someone by showing that you have more than one handheld? Surely you can be a Zodiac troll while owning other handhelds, it is just about bias towards one particular one?
And then sticking it in the thread. Do you enjoy humiliating yourself?

...More to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back