Votes: 0 0.0%
  • im kinda bummed, such problems made me use the gp2x less than i wanted

• its horrible, im not using it again nor recommending it till its fixed

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we've got egg and spam, sausage and spam, egg, bacon, sausage and spam, spam, egg, bacon and spam, spam spam spam and spam, spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam! Spam-di-spam spam spam spam...

if he had taken the time to read what he was buying then he would have known what he was buying

DUDE, SERIOUSLY I GOT MY GP2X IN THE FIRST BATCH, SO THERE WAS NOTHING NOWHERE TO READ.

don't think to be the only one to be able to READ.

next time you buy a new model of a car, i hope you get it without the roof, OOOPS, and than who sold you the car provide you with the roof 6 months later, when the rain season is over.

.Gogeta§§J4BR. posted on Feb 13 2006 at 09:07 PM said:
the ones who got pissed I brought this topic into discussion and ended up flaming me because they can't defend theirselves as grown-up persons :p

Grown up people do not give that kind of responds, neither are they trying to humiliate others by using :p or :D all the time.

Your mentality: "Either you agree with me, agree with me a bit, or you're a dumbass who flames everyone, oh, and you're just trying to prove yourself the gp2x doesn't suck."

Btw, the zodiac does not have mpg support, does that make it a bad videoplayer?

Once again, if you are trying to hold a grown up debate, act like one, don't over use smilies, don't flame, make coherent sentances, and let other people have their opinion, like you have yours. No one's opinion is the 'correct' opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
s2000 posted on Feb 13 2006 at 09:31 PM said:
if he had taken the time to read what he was buying then he would have known what he was buying

DUDE, SERIOUSLY I GOT MY GP2X IN THE FIRST BATCH, SO THERE WAS NOTHING NOWHERE TO READ.

don't think to be the only one to be able to READ.

next time you buy a new model of a car, i hope you get it without the roof, OOOPS, and than who sold you the car provide you with the roof 6 months later, when the rain season is over.
So I presume you have sold your GP2X? They were going for quite a bit when the first batch ran out. (More than there original cost).

Edit: Personally if I get sold a car without a roof I take it back.

Hanz™ said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
I knew I would still hear honest opinions like the one from s2000 (top of this page and top of the last 5th page) and that serves you right.
No he is a minority, the poll and reactions in here clearly show that. Why exactly would we be "served right" by this. It is not as if we really care, if he had taken the time to read what he was buying then he would have known what he was buying, and respectively you.
technically only 56 people are okay with gp2xes problems.
62 are at least annoyed. (the other 4 groups)

of course those numbers are just for right now and could change at any time.
Poll aside, I think this forum is actually pretty evenly split--a lot of people have issues they'd like addressed.

things CAN BE fixed, don't you know? i just wonder why I have to fix it.

I'm the customer, not the producer.

You will be happy to knowthat someone, who ordered the gp2x *EARLY*, got a free 1GB sd card.

This thread has defintely earned its place.
Where else can you see Gamepark defended by comparing them with Freddie Mercury's slippery capstick. :blink:
That is worth the admission fee alone.

Chimpoid

Reaperman93010 posted on Feb 13 2006 at 09:35 PM said:
Hanz™ said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
I knew I would still hear honest opinions like the one from s2000 (top of this page and top of the last 5th page) and that serves you right.
No he is a minority, the poll and reactions in here clearly show that. Why exactly would we be "served right" by this. It is not as if we really care, if he had taken the time to read what he was buying then he would have known what he was buying, and respectively you.
technically only 56 people are okay with gp2xes problems.
62 are at least annoyed. (the other 4 groups)

of course those numbers are just for right now and could change at any time.
Poll aside, I think this forum is actually pretty evenly split--a lot of people have issues they'd like addressed.
Well I consider that some people wouldn't have seen the point in voting. As their choice wasn't represented.

the zodiac does have mpg support! omg, go research a little before trying to say anything
draken, draken, draken... now there's the 2nd guy that hates me the most (after davec) and yet cant prove im wrong :p

hanz, nothing you said can harm me :p im sorry but you gotta quit trying that. you either quote me in a way you can try to look right but even at manipulating my quotations, you fail.
perhaps you should try directly flaming me like draken or davec, because you obviously cant keep up with a mature argument (you actually need to think in order to do that :p)

.Gogeta§§J4BR. posted on Feb 13 2006 at 09:45 PM said:
Hanz, nothing you said can harm me :p im sorry but you gotta quit trying that. you either quote me in a way you can try to look right but even at manipulating my quotations, you fail.
perhaps you should try directly flaming me like draken or davec, because you obviously cant keep up with a mature argument (you actually need to think in order to do that :p)
Cop out.

Edit: So you can't argue against me?
Edit2: At what point did I state my intentions to harm you? Ooops never.
And a quote is a quote. Those are unedited quotes, there was no manipulation. Yes gogeta, you really said that junk.
And what is that? You prefer being flamed than a mature arguement?

Granted, I was wrong, zodiac does have mpg support (atleast, I believe that from your words, true prove would be more nice).

Exluding that, I've never in this forum tried to prove you wrong on something, just said that you are acting way too demanding and anoying.

Btw,

Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting, usually in the social context of a discussion board (usually on the Internet). Such messages are called flames, and are sometimes posted in response to flamebait

Did I ever called you names? No, did you call anyone names? Yes.
Calling someone a troll is an insult, saying someone can't think is an insult (assuming he's an idiot, a person with an IQ lower then 20), is an insult, etc...

"hanz, nothing you said can harm me"
What, you concider yourself god, with an undefeatable point?

God, I forgot how arrogant you where. (my first insult)

P.S. I don't hate you. :)

Wanted to add my opinion :)

->the usb problem is common, most users have to buy a separate card reader
I can't comment on this as I use a card reader anyhow

->many people say the joystick is too hard and slippy (its ok imo though)
It works quite well for me for the most part. Not really noticed it being a bother and if people hadn't commented, I doubt I'd have even thought about it.

->incredibly slow booting times
its the first handheld system ever to have such enormous (half a minute!) loading/boot time.
its really shocking for a system designed to pick up and play/listen to music!
I have a creative zen vision media player. It takes longer to boot than the gp2x, so I doubt the gp2x is the first handheld to have such a slow booting time. It doesn't really bother me, it only takes about 20 seconds.

->HORRIBLE SCREEN FLICKER
No flickering here. Slightly noticable interlacing, but it doesn't really matter to me or make too much difference

->poor video player
I haven't tried this, so I must admit I cant comment on it much, but even with other media players, such as my afforementioned Creative Zen Vision, there are certain videos it likes and certain ones it doesn't. Greater compatibility would be nice, but it's hard to prepare for all possible formats.

->random firmware incomplete/buggy stuff
Not too bad for me, and they are working on it and it's nice to see progress. Generally for me, the gp2x is for games rather than the firmware menus and utilities, so I can live with it.

->other stuff I cant remember now
If you can't remmeber, perhaps they're not too bad ;)

On the whole though, I'm very pleased with it. The firmware is acceptable although there could be more features and customizability, perhaps. The hardware is pretty nice and it mostly feels comfortable to me. The software that's available so far is amazing. On the whole, as I voted in the poll, the few minor problems don't bother me much and I'm happy with it :)

OK this is getting beyond stupid.

DaveC, Hanz, draken et al; this guy isn't worth your time. You don't need my reassurance to know you're above his petty troll techniques. There is a genuine discussion to be had with regards to the GP2X's faults, but this isn't it. Ignore him and he'll go away.

Huxley posted on Feb 13 2006 at 10:22 PM said:
OK this is getting beyond stupid.

DaveC, Hanz, draken et al; this guy isn't worth your time. You don't need my reassurance to know you're above his petty troll techniques. There is a genuine discussion to be had with regards to the GP2X's faults, but this isn't it. Ignore him and he'll go away.
Sure thing, unless he is able to construct a half-decent arguement I feel I have proved my point enough already.

what you guys are saying was exactly what I was going to say to you
thanks for doing that already :)

oh well, i cant believe people dont notice the screen flicker... roll it sideways and compare to any other device with lcd, you see theres a huge problem there!
also, 30 minutes boot time isnt exactly what i would call "acceptable". its a handheld device to pick up and play, sometimes i wanna put some songs and leave it on sleep mode to hear on the headphones, but i end up wasting like a minute to boot, load the songs and everything =`\

Boot time is about 25-30 seconds for me, you could call this horrendous but I don't really care. I am usually on my computer while this is going on.
Screen is perfectly fine for me. It is sort of fixed for me in 1.4.0.
Stick seemed kind of bad when I first got it, but I am used to it now. I might consider getting DaveC's cap as well.
The stick is the only thing that is slightly annoying. And I can see past that because of all of the pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back