Gp2x Speaker Mod

thelamer

ARRR I'm A Pirate
Website
www.skankpost.com
I wanted to upgrade the speakers in my GP2X , so I tore the bastard open and wanted to see what made her tick .

I figured out that the speakers are 16mm and are the industry standard for earbud headphones . So their are quite a bit out there .

I plugged in a couple of the speakers i had lying around my room and they did not fair much better than the stock ones . So I found these LINKAGE .

I am wondering if ordering those is worth it and if anyone has tried new 16mm speakers in their gp2x ???

Edit: Pics Fixed .

I wanted to upgrade the speakers in my GP2X , so I tore the bastard open and wanted to see what made her tick .

I figured out that the speakers are 16mm and are the industry standard for earbud headphones . So their are quite a bit out there .

I plugged in a couple of the speakers i had lying around my room and they did not fair much better than the stock ones . So I found these LINKAGE .

I am wondering if ordering those is worth it and if anyone has tried new 16mm speakers in their gp2x ???

Pics dont load -.-

Plus, I think headphones are better for it... Theres no real point in putting new speakers in unless u only use it inside. Headphones are nice for school and stuff too.!

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: What is up with no image posts in these forums . Did you disable it intentionally ?
Your images are frickin' huge (and blurry with lots of camera shake). Scale them down to something more sensible, like 320x240, and they might show up. To fix the blurriness and camera shake, move the camera away to allow it to auto-focus better and get a tripod.

Pics dont load -.-

Plus, I think headphones are better for it... Theres no real point in putting new speakers in unless u only use it inside. Headphones are nice for school and stuff too.!

What they let you have handhelds at your school?

Lucky!! :eek:

Yeah.. Im in high school they dotn really care... I play them even when im suppose to do work, but the work is usually ez so i do it first ;P

Nevertheless, i use it as a mp3player when i do my work

I wanted to upgrade the speakers in my GP2X , so I tore the bastard open and wanted to see what made her tick ....

Hey lamer, off topic but I am in Schaumburg, Il. Hard to believe there are two GP2Xs that close...

I wanted to upgrade the speakers in my GP2X , so I tore the bastard open and wanted to see what made her tick ....

Hey lamer, off topic but I am in Schaumburg, Il. Hard to believe there are two GP2Xs that close...

Not really man this is the ultimate handheld ever . It is hard to believe that this thing has not swept america . I blame very poor marketing in america and no real official store . The most offical store out here is run by some guy named dave ( I am assuming out of the house) . You also have issues with user compatibility . I have no problem interfacing and exploiting this device but 90% of america gives up if it is not as easy as an IPOD . This thing needs 3 simple things .

1. a rudemantary GPU by todays standards . (voodo 2 or 1 )
2. A rechargable battery pack built in
3. A new joystick .

If Gamepark is afraid to change the hardware now , before what they call an official release takes place . They should think again . Simple revisions to the hardware and having some included software ( americans love having a magic CD that sets it all up ) . Would drastically change their marketshare . But what it is now is what it is . An open source handheld for nerds .

Wow, lame :) I grew up in Roselle, IL, right off of Nerge... Thank god I got out of there and moved to California. Hmmm, if I was still there though, there'd be one more damn close.

I'm in Finland. That's like, not even close.

I was thinking about replacing the speakers at some time. Unfortunately, I have no idea if "X-Ohm" is better than "Y-Ohm"...

I wanted to upgrade the speakers in  my GP2X , so I tore the bastard open and wanted to see what made her tick ....

Not really man this is the ultimate handheld ever . It is hard to believe that this thing has not swept america . I blame very poor marketing in america and no real official store . The most offical store out here is run by some guy named dave ( I am assuming out of the house) . You also have issues with user compatibility . I have no problem interfacing and exploiting this device but 90% of america gives up if it is not as easy as an IPOD . This thing needs 3 simple things .

1. a rudemantary GPU by todays standards . (voodo 2 or 1 )
3. A new joystick .

If Gamepark is afraid to change the hardware now , before what they call an official release takes place . They should think again . Simple revisions to the hardware and having some included software ( americans love having a magic CD that sets it all up ) . Would drastically change their marketshare . But what it is now is what it is . An open source handheld for nerds .

I blame the fact that the GP2X hasn't been officially released yet, and when it is officially released they will put more money into advertising. I mean why advertise something to the general public that would be more frustrating than anything else to alot of people? Look at it this way my friend, you and I are investing in the future of GPH because we think they have a great product on the horizon.

I thought this would be a good idea at first, but then I realized, if I'm using my gp2x and I'm not close to a wall plug, I'm screwed because then I have to recharge it. The way it is now, I just pull out my 2nd or 3rd set of rechargebles and plug em in and I'm good to go. The GBA uses a lot less power so it can have the rechargeable built in that lasts 10+ hours. I doubt a similar battery would last that long on the power hungry gp2x.

I thought this would be a good idea at first, but then I realized, if I'm using my gp2x and I'm not close to a wall plug, I'm screwed because then I have to recharge it. The way it is now, I just pull out my 2nd or 3rd set of rechargebles and plug em in and I'm good to go. The GBA uses a lot less power so it can have the rechargeable built in that lasts 10+ hours. I doubt a similar battery would last that long on the power hungry gp2x.

Mine gp2x works on one set around 3 hours (my batteries aren't that great) but with two sets of them it's enough for a day. And I have more of them if needed.

This was good GPH's decision to not use custom Lith-Ions but generic AA ones.

I blame the fact that the GP2X hasn't been officially released yet, and when it is officially released they will put more money into advertising.

Which money? It's the smallest company I know of, do you really think they have money to to world-wide advertising? They don't even have money for ads in korea...

Back