Gp2x-ti92: A Ti-92 Calculator Emulator V1.0.1

jbrodack said:
yeah this is really cool. i tried arkanoid and it ran pretty slow but then again it probably runs slow on the calculator itself.
Using the clock option, and set it to 260 it will be playable :(

Last edited by a moderator:
A_SN said:
reaper79 said:
JimmySlam said:
zx-81

You like porting SDL stuff! dont you :)

Thanks for all the ports so far. I am sure somebody will pick them ans start optimizing them for gp2x :D

Don't know if you meant it that way, but you sure come off as rude and ungrateful with that comment.

I beg to disagree completly. It's all in your head, my friend ;)

But yeah, saying it's unoptimized isn't ungrateful since it's a fact. It's not an insult. You guys and your adoration for emulator devs...

Thanks, for seeing it from my point of view.

I respect devs a lot for their works and ports but that is not going to make me adorating them. I am another developer and my project is stopped due my busy life.
I know how much developing sucks our time :( But if something is not playable or fullspeed for me, the work is not finished. (My point of view)

zx-81 said:
jbrodack said:
yeah this is really cool. i tried arkanoid and it ran pretty slow but then again it probably runs slow on the calculator itself.
Using the clock option, and set it to 260 it will be playable :(

Yes i tried it and it worked slow. That is what i mean when i say they are not optimized for GP2X (i.e PicoDrive is optimized).
I tried MSX as well and it worked slow at less than 200MHz. MSX It is less than a NES... well about the same. GP2X can (or it should) cope with complete MSX emulation at <150MHz. I am not criticising. I am saying those emulators need more work on them to be optimized to the level of picodrive or cps2x...

Why you, a lot of people, have do take everything in the worst way possible? Are you really that sad? I don't think so. Cheer up cojones. :)

JimmySlam prepares himself for another round of sensless attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all the rationalized critisizing posts:

I still think that when you receive a free meal and say it needs more salt after the first bite, it's rude and ungratefull. Even if it needs more salt. Just say thank you, add the salt and give him a taste back if you want.

Just saw this, gave it a try and wanted to say thankyou. I was one of the people that posted in th wishlist thread for something like this, but never expected it to happen, now that it has, I'm amazed and wanted to show my appreciation. Really useful and helpful, although it's going to take getting used to entering anything with any speed with it :)

Thanks zx-81!

@ThorC: i'm glad to see you find it useful :), i'm working now on a hp48 calculator emulator, and i hope to release it soon :p.

I was wondering if I could make a small feature request, and I apologise for replying to an oldish thread.

Is there any way in which the volume up and volume down keys could be mappable? Obviously when emulating a calculator, you really want as much "button power" as possible.

What I would really like to see them mapped to is 'x' and 'y'. Currently entering letters is quite awkward and something I do quite often (you have to press L1 to change to the letter screen, select the letter, then press L1 twice to go back to the numbers). That, or if there could be some way to change F7 and F8 which are on the main input screen (which I rarely use) to x and y.

Is there any way something like this could be done? I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, at least :)

Thanks again, I've been using it quite a lot!

Back