GP2X Gp2X Wiz - Tv-Out Finally Possible !

andymanone

Website
korg.radias.de
So, dear people,

as you probably noticed (or maybe not ;) ) )
I was recently very little indeed present here in the forum.
This was mainly caused by a drastic career change, which I really did little or no time for other things left a lot.
Now I've got me, but now fairly well worked and hope soon again a little more time to bring me here in the forum.

So I would now like to again formally (for all those who are not entered on my side have already seen) the perhaps
most interesting news to announce about the Wiz:

The TV-Out function works :D !

I've done in the past a few more tests and modifications, including my WIZ-Cradle expanded to include the TV-OUT function.

Here are two videos:

1. The first beta test:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb5Ah1Cbz0E[/youtube]

2. WIZ-cradle with TV-OUT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24XPPmmSW64[/youtube]

A little "Howto" for a selfmade cable and the proper code I will upload next days to the gp2x file archive.

Gtx,
andY

Awesome stuff, andy. I can't wait to start using my Wiz on my TV.

When everything has been perfected, would you be able to make me one and I'll pay you US $100 for it or something.

Cheers. :wiz: B)

Give this man a round of applause!

lkzyz89efm_clap.gif

Really nice! I had no idea that was possible. Perhaps I'll try to build one of those cables.

Soooooooo much cooler than my tinkering ... I was able to bypass the modulator and run it direct to the TV.

Mine is just a hodge-podge so to speak though it is fun messing around with the port now that I have a cable.

(Thanks Sony for the avatar/profile pic help. Both of my kids have a DS and my daughter got a DSi for Xmas).

BrokeDad said:
Dunno why my picture doesn't show up even though it's in the profile. Maybe it's because I'm too new with too few posts or perhaps I'm overlooking a setting.

Profile Photo and Avatar (the image we can have on our posts) are two different things.

Try the lilnk below to solve all your Avatar problems. :wiz: B)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=avatar

Last edited by a moderator:
So what does this dock mean? Can we build it easily? Will it power the wiz, display to the tv, and allow a usb gamepad? That would be super cool.

trentg said:
So what does this dock mean? Can we build it easily? Will it power the wiz, display to the tv, and allow a usb gamepad? That would be super cool.

Andymanone modified a GP2x dockingstation and yes TV out, powering and USB host functions are possible. The problem is, that the Wiz and the GP2x use the same connector but a different pinout...

Ok, nice... I wouldn't mind trying to modify one. Would be nice if I could just buy it online somewhere :p...

trentg said:
Would be nice if I could just buy it online somewhere :p ...

Perhaps this will be possible in the near future. AFAIK andymanone and Tony Han working on this...

Nice. Thanks for the info sbock and thanks for working on this Andy! Can't wait to be able to put my snes away and hook up the wiz instead :)

No, not yet. But andymanone wrote at the German forums that he wants to upload the stuff to the archive this weekend.

There's seems to be a working TV-out in the images below? What's up with that?

Hopefully it's a sign that GP Holdings will indeed be releasing an official one in the near future... :wiz:

2.jpg

The screen looks branded "gp2x" or something. I hope you don't have to buy the whole display :-/.

If it was a GPH screen it would have a bloody great big diagonal line across it! :D

On a more serious note:
GPH seem do be doing some things with the Wiz, see mine and SONY's post here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51317-wiz-support-in-future/page__pid__797044__st__15&#entry797044

Cheers, Neil

Back