Gp2xpectrum 1.7.1

Metalbrain

Still Fresh
A bit later than expected, but it's time for a new release!

http://www.speccy.org/metalbrain/GP2Xpectrum1.7.1.zip

What's new:
- Fixed a bug that made the LOAD function from virtual keyboard fail most of the times.
- Added a hack to make the loading of the .ini file that indicates the programs path more compatible with gmenu2x.
- Edge loading improved. Now it detects more loaders, DJNZ loops and relative loops.
- rlyeh's minimal lib replaced by Seleuco's micro lib. Smaller, faster and GPL.
- Added some missing copyrights to source files. If you feel yours is missing too, contact us.

I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks to everyone involved in this. I am particularly impressed by the improvements in sound and tape loading in recent releases, and it runs at a lower clock speed than it used to run at too.

NickLoTurco said:
Does the tape loader actually sound like a speccy in this version? That's the last peice in the jigsaw for me if it does!
AFAIK nothing has been changed regarding to that, but if you disable fast loading, flash loading and edge loading it should (and the previous version too).

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going through my snap shot collection and replacing them with tape images to get closer to that authentic ZX Spectrum experience. It is going great, although I am surprised by the number games that have are incompatible with the default 128k mode.

So far I have found 1 tape image that does not work, so I thought I would report it here. The perfect TZX file on WOS for Bomb Jack resets the Spectrum once the loading is finished, and I have tried loading this file using all the Spectrum modes. The TAP image also available on WOS does load fine though.

WhizzBang said:
So far I have found 1 tape image that does not work, so I thought I would report it here. The perfect TZX file on WOS for Bomb Jack resets the Spectrum once the loading is finished, and I have tried loading this file using all the Spectrum modes. The TAP image also available on WOS does load fine though.
I've tested all tzx versions and they all work, once you disable edge loading and flash loading. If you leave flash loading on, the pause between the screen block and the code block seems to be skipped and both blocks are read as one, causing the reset after load.

Metalbrain said:
I've tested all tzx versions and they all work, once you disable edge loading and flash loading. If you leave flash loading on, the pause between the screen block and the code block seems to be skipped and both blocks are read as one, causing the reset after load.
Ah, I see. Thanks Metalbrain.

Yes. Set the following options:
Fast Loading: OFF
Flash Loading: OFF
Edge Loading: OFF

You wouldn't want to load games like that all the time but it is nice to watch for nastolgias sake.

Cheers mate, I tried those setting and although the sound is perfect, you don't get that buuurrrgh-beep, pause.........it just goes straight into the next buuuurgh beep! Sorry about my speccy impression in text!

Back