Gp2xpectrum And Dsk Images

jose1711

Website
Visit site
hello,

i am trying to run north&south but the game always stuck at the point where the actual battle should start. the red diod turns on and nothing happens. the game format is NorthSouth.zip, in which you find:
North And South - Side A (1989).dsk
North And South - Side B (1989).dsk

In one point the game asks me to turn over the disk but i have no idea how to do it using gp2xpectrum emulator.

can anyone please help?

thanks,

joe

jose said:
In one point the game asks me to turn over the disk but i have no idea how to do it using gp2xpectrum emulator.

can anyone please help?
Sorry for the late response. To be honest, I haven't used dsk files at all. I think it used to be impossible to use more than a disk image, but now it might be possible using the Tape Browser when you're asked to change turn over the disk.

If it still doesn't work, we'll try to fix it for the next version.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi metalbrain,

i haven't been able to use tape browser together with dsk images. if there is something more i can help with in order to get this going please do not hesitate to PM me. thanks. joe

Metalbrain said:
Try again with this one:

http://www.speccy.org/metalbrain/gp2xpectrum1.7.1.dsk.zip

I've disabled the automatic reset when inserting a new disk. Now it won't reset to a +3 model if you're already using that model.

thank you. still no luck. i've tried several approaches, like quitting the game at the point where the game asks user to change the side and loading the new dsk image, fiddling with new +3 disk or use side A for +3 disk options (does not seem to do anything - as it was with previous version) even concatenating both dsk images into one file. did i miss something out? thanks again, joe

jose said:
thank you. still no luck. i've tried several approaches, like quitting the game at the point where the game asks user to change the side and loading the new dsk image, fiddling with new +3 disk or use side A for +3 disk options (does not seem to do anything - as it was with previous version) even concatenating both dsk images into one file. did i miss something out? thanks again, joe
Use the tape browser. When you need to change the disk, open the tape browser. A void tape will appear (as expected, since we're not using any tape), but pressing START you'll be able to select another file, choose the side B image and you'll come back to the tape browser, still without tape, get back to the game and try if it works.

Metalbrain said:
jose said:
Use the tape browser. When you need to change the disk, open the tape browser. A void tape will appear (as expected, since we're not using any tape), but pressing START you'll be able to select another file, choose the side B image and you'll come back to the tape browser, still without tape, get back to the game and try if it works.

wo hoo!! thank you, mister. this works!

Back