Gp2xpectrum V1.5...

zektor

Woohoo! Updated to v1.5 final just today. Lots added:

V1.5 by Metalbrain & Seleuco (2008/01/20)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Y button to be assigned to a key using the virtual keyboard.
- The virtual keyboard won't make all frames show when frameskip is 1 (it resulted in half speed)
- I was still applying contention emulation in a place where I shouldn't when "no contention" was
selected. Now the no contention mode will be less precise, but default speed has been reduced to
125/155MHz.
- Fixed a bug that made port contention not to be applied in most cases.
- Fixed a bug in HALT timing, it was taking 8 states instead of 4.
- Improved floating bus emulation, now passes floatspy test and other similar ones.
- Improved interrupts emulation including how EI affects them.
- Small optimizations.
- Screen rendering code has been totally rewritten from scratch, and now border is completely
emulated (Sentinel letters can be seen), and visual effects of many demos are finally perfect
(Overscan, Shock and similar). Some demos (such as MDA) are still failing though.
- On F200 model, battery level ain't polled, avoiding the massive slowdown on that model. (Thx headoverheels)
- Fixed Sound emulation. Speaker & AY sounds OK now. New DSP Code. More accurated and there are fewer buffer underruns.
- Added stereo sound for the speaker & AY.
- Added sound mode selector: No sound, Mono, Stereo Beeper, Stereo AY, Stereo ALL.
- Added sound rate mode selector: 44100,32000,22050,11025KHz
- Added sound mute selector: Off,Low, High. Low is best for the f200 owners ;)
- Added emulation speed mode: from -75% to + 75 %. Try to play ManicMiner 75% faster and and lives to tell it:)
- Added FPS selector.
- Added VSYNC selector.
- Bug fix saving configuration.
- updated mmuhack
Note: The stereo sound needs more resources, try to change the cpu clock or change the sound mode if you have sound glitches.

Awesome stuff. I really love this emulator. The Speccy was one computer I never grew up with (or even heard of until the Internet) here on the east coast of the USA. So, for me, I am *just* experiencing its games. I like it!

Back