Gp2xtra - Free Gp2x Mag

Magnulus posted on Aug 6 2006 at 10:26 PM said:
If you're not even half finished, how can you say there's no lack of content?
It's not a lack you idiot. Its because he is too busy going on holiday!

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher posted on Aug 6 2006 at 11:41 PM said:
Thanks for the insult. Appreciate it.

What I meant was that if you're not half done, then I assume it's because only about half the content you want is there, so how is that not a lack of content?
I'm not talking about the content that will be there in the end, because I know by experience that the amount you SAY there's going to be is rarely the amount there IS at the end of it, at least for most free, online mags. You have no idea how many articles I've BEGUN writing and then given up on.

With all due respect guys;

but could some of you stop writing crap here and maybe write some articles instead?... :)

Magnulus posted on Aug 6 2006 at 10:52 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Aug 6 2006 at 11:41 PM said:
Thanks for the insult. Appreciate it.

What I meant was that if you're not half done, then I assume it's because only about half the content you want is there, so how is that not a lack of content?
I'm not talking about the content that will be there in the end, because I know by experience that the amount you SAY there's going to be is rarely the amount there IS at the end of it, at least for most free, online mags. You have no idea how many articles I've BEGUN writing and then given up on.
It's not a lack. We have it in our brains.

What sam means is that we have planned everything going in the magazine, down to the finest points. However, 50% of our material has been written and the other 50% has just to be written, yet we know exactly what it will be.

Savvy?

RTj posted on Aug 6 2006 at 11:43 PM said:

but could some of you stop writing crap here and maybe write some articles instead?... :)
I'll be writing an emulator review on GNUboy2x or GPFCE once I'm back from the hospital, fractured wrist, you see :) .

Nova posted on Aug 7 2006 at 02:45 AM said:
What sam means is that we have planned everything going in the magazine, down to the finest points. However, 50% of our material has been written and the other 50% has just to be written, yet we know exactly what it will be.

Savvy?
So you have it down to every last word, coming to a sum of over 1000 words (if it's going to be the size your saying), possibly more.

I'm sorry, but:
1. Such a feat is impossible, unless you have some kind of mental disorder, in which case, you can say "SNAP!" to Sam, and whoever comes under "we".
2. Although you may just have a rough outline, something a lot of us have when we start writing articles, often you'll not get the quality you wanted out of it, or just scrap the writings all together. I've done it on many occasions, as has Magnulus. Probably a whole lot of other people on this board, too.

I'm not denying that your magazine will fail, or look bad, and so on, so forth - however - if you'd like to display your pompous attitudes about your magazine that is apparently superior (yet not nearly finished), please make another topic. This one isn't about competition, it's about collecting content and constructive comments.

You may have done an awful lot of work, and a lot of people might doubt you or under-estimate you, and then if it rules, you'll most likely tell people that you were right all along, but the problem is, it's difficult to believe the things you're saying when if you search the forum for the string "gpjunkies", it just links to various generic files and images hosted on your website, and more comments by yourselves saying how great your magazine will be. Sure, you might not keep all that information on such a large forum, or even bother to post it (this is what I thought), however, when your website is half done with "blah blah blah" (or whatever) and no information what-so-ever, it's like telling a complete stranger you're psychic and trying to convince him you are, but never actually displaying any psychic powers, simply going on and on - "I AM PSYCHIC, JUST YOU WAIT IN YOUR SLEEP!".

I will read your magazine, and probably enjoy it, but with your arrogance, you're not making yourselves eternally popular amongst the community.

Apologies for the off-topic post, RTj, is there anything else you might need? Images, etc. (I'm not suggesting I make images, that would ruin your magazine!)?

Alvin posted on Aug 7 2006 at 07:48 AM said:
RTj posted on Aug 6 2006 at 11:43 PM said:

I'll be writing an emulator review on GNUboy2x or GPFCE once I'm back from the hospital, fractured wrist, you see :) .

Nova posted on Aug 7 2006 at 02:45 AM said:

Savvy?
So you have it down to every last word, coming to a sum of over 1000 words (if it's going to be the size your saying), possibly more.

I'm sorry, but:
1. Such a feat is impossible, unless you have some kind of mental disorder, in which case, you can say "SNAP!" to Sam, and whoever comes under "we".
2. Although you may just have a rough outline, something a lot of us have when we start writing articles, often you'll not get the quality you wanted out of it, or just scrap the writings all together. I've done it on many occasions, as has Magnulus. Probably a whole lot of other people on this board, too.

I'm not denying that your magazine will fail, or look bad, and so on, so forth - however - if you'd like to display your pompous attitudes about your magazine that is apparently superior (yet not nearly finished), please make another topic. This one isn't about competition, it's about collecting content and constructive comments.

You may have done an awful lot of work, and a lot of people might doubt you or under-estimate you, and then if it rules, you'll most likely tell people that you were right all along, but the problem is, it's difficult to believe the things you're saying when if you search the forum for the string "gpjunkies", it just links to various generic files and images hosted on your website, and more comments by yourselves saying how great your magazine will be. Sure, you might not keep all that information on such a large forum, or even bother to post it (this is what I thought), however, when your website is half done with "blah blah blah" (or whatever) and no information what-so-ever, it's like telling a complete stranger you're psychic and trying to convince him you are, but never actually displaying any psychic powers, simply going on and on - "I AM PSYCHIC, JUST YOU WAIT IN YOUR SLEEP!".

I will read your magazine, and probably enjoy it, but with your arrogance, you're not making yourselves eternally popular amongst the community.

Apologies for the off-topic post, RTj, is there anything else you might need? Images, etc. (I'm not suggesting I make images, that would ruin your magazine!)?
Sod off. It does actually happen that I have an eidetic memory but thats not the bloody point. Nova has been planning this for a while. Don't keep trying to piss him off as he has done most of the work where as this magazine is just haveing to put the text on a template. Nova has done a lot of work. Also I only read the first bit of your post.

Also you have mental disorder. You and that Alvin cap...

Wait, I think you are getting a tad confused here, alvin.

Firstly we never said how big it was going to be, so how can you say "coming up to a sum of 1000 words."?

Next, I make no assumptions that our magazine will be "superior", and I'm sure ours will be able to co-exist together quite peacefully (Think of how many PS2 magazines there are in existance).

Thirdly, our site is not open yet, ergo none of us linking to it, it is not finished.

And finally, I wish RTj all the best with his magazine, and Magnalus with his diskmag.

I have tried to address all your points quite civilly, but it gets me slightly peeved to see you with your jaws clamped around our proverbial ankles. Please just let it go, and see for yourself when both magazines are released.

GPJunkies is not, repeat NOT meant to compete with or better any publication out there, it is meant to be an informative and interesting magazine about a homebrew console, stop treating it as a war.

Good day to you,

Paul

Nova posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:49 AM said:

Firstly we never said how big it was going to be, so how can you say "coming up to a sum of 1000 words."?

Next, I make no assumptions that our magazine will be "superior", and I'm sure ours will be able to co-exist together quite peacefully (Think of how many PS2 magazines there are in existance).

Thirdly, our site is not open yet, ergo none of us linking to it, it is not finished.

And finally, I wish RTj all the best with his magazine, and Magnalus with his diskmag.

I have tried to address all your points quite civilly, but it gets me slightly peeved to see you with your jaws clamped around our proverbial ankles. Please just let it go, and see for yourself when both magazines are released.

GPJunkies is not, repeat NOT meant to compete with or better any publication out there, it is meant to be an informative and interesting magazine about a homebrew console, stop treating it as a war.

Good day to you,

Paul
Glad you understand, not just try and explain that to Sam ;) .
My assumption would be that a substansial sized magazine for this topic and the first issue would contain around 1500 to 2000 words (although I could be off). It was simply your display (or Sam's, you know) of arrogance that gave me the impression that you think your magazine is superior.

Anyway, back on topic I guess.

Please may a see an example of a post in which I (not sam) desplayed arrogance, so that I may take check of myself and try not to do it again?

EDIT: And then we can put the subject to bed.

Nova posted on Aug 7 2006 at 12:41 PM said:
Please may a see an example of a post in which I (not sam) desplayed arrogance, so that I may take check of myself and try not to do it again?

EDIT: And then we can put the subject to bed.
I said or Sam, not and. Guess it's just Sam. C'mon now, back on topic!

Alvin posted on Aug 7 2006 at 12:06 PM said:
Nova posted on Aug 7 2006 at 11:49 AM said:

Good day to you,

Paul
Glad you understand, not just try and explain that to Sam ;) .
My assumption would be that a substansial sized magazine for this topic and the first issue would contain around 1500 to 2000 words (although I could be off). It was simply your display (or Sam's, you know) of arrogance that gave me the impression that you think your magazine is superior.

Anyway, back on topic I guess.
I was just defending us from your ignorant assumptions. Hell, one of our reviews is about 500 words and we have more than 4 times that much content for the magazine. So you are really quite stupid with your estimates. I have been known to type 1000 word, and sometimes pointless, replies to peoples posts.

Also we never said it was superior. We just said we didn't have a lack of content. You cannot twist our words. As we wrote them..

sam fisher posted on Aug 7 2006 at 01:06 PM said:
I was just defending us from your ignorant assumptions.
Fixed it for you.

So you are really quite stupid with your estimates.
Alvin posted on Aug 7 2006 at 12:06 PM said:
(although I could be off)

I have been known to type 1000 word, and sometimes pointless, replies to peoples posts.
It's not really related, but congratulations anyway.

Also we never said it was superior. We just said we didn't have a lack of content. You cannot twist our words. As we wrote them..

Touché, however, words can often mean things that one didn't mean them to intend. Words influence opinion in others' activites. It's legitimate to say that there was implication (even if not intended (that doesn't work, but I can't think of the name). yay embedded brackets!).

Anyway, I think everyone has the point - there's no competition, and everybody has good intentions. Drop subject? K.

Back