Gp2xtra - Free Gp2x Mag

Don't let the negative points put u off.
Disk mag's are always cool, but wouldn't be very good in this instance.
I used to hate PDF's, but have come to love them for the exact thing that they were designed for. For something like this.. they are perfect. They look exactly the same on every platform.

If your worried about nobody contributing, then I wouldn't be if I was you. The 2x's getting more popular everyday & I'm sure that you will soon be over run with people wanting to pitch in with both mags.

The problem at the moment.. is that most of the current users have quite a high level of computer knowledge & would much rather spend their free time (what little they have) programming etc., but the 2X has started to attract less knowledgable people who don't have the skills or time to contribute to programming software & these are the people who will enjoy helping u out.
It's a good way to give something back to the community :)

There's just not enough people in the community at the moment to help out with all the projects.

Tripmonkey_uk posted on Aug 5 2006 at 01:43 AM said:
Don't let the negative points put u off. Disk mag's are always cool, but wouldn't be very good in this instance.
I used to hate PDF's, but have come to love them for the exact thing that they were designed for. For something like this.. they are perfect. They look exactly the same on every platform,

If your worried about nobody contributing, then I wouldn't be if I was you. The 2x's getting more popular everyday & I'm sure that you will soon be over run with people wanting to pitch in with both mags.

The problem at the moment.. is that most of the current users have quite a high level of computer knowledge & would much rather spend their free time (what little they have) programming etc., but the 2X has started to attract less knowledgable people who don't have the skills or time to contribute to programming software & these are the people who will enjoy helping u out.
It's a good way to give something back to the community :)

There's just not enough people in the community at the moment to help out with all the projects.
But are they also the same people who can't spell their name's or 'GP2x'?

Last edited by a moderator:
jmetal88 posted on Aug 5 2006 at 01:58 AM said:
For some reason, I keep reading this topic title as "Gp2xtra - Free GP2X mug".
We all want one. Unfortunetly, cafepress is the only place to get one.

Nova posted on Aug 4 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
No! Why, goddamn you?!

You realise we are now in directus competitionus. Good luck.

Rather than compete, you guys should combine efforts. Rather than have two mags that may fail because of lack of content, we could have one mag that doesn't.

Just a thought.

Like any freeware magazine, its success rests entirely on the ability of its publisher/editor to get content -- either by producing it, commissioning it in some way, or successfully getting people to produce it spontaneously. I think it takes a very particular set of skills for a person to pull that off, and a whole lot of work almost all of which involves recruiting writers and helping them along. If you have those skills and tireless dedication it can work. Just putting out a call for submissions occasionally won't do it of course.

Good luck!

If you need someone to write more articles/tutorials/reviews on a regular basis, I'll volunteer.

Sounds a great idea, good luck with it. Forget wikipedia, people want a monthly 'magazine' emailed to them.

Didnt know people still said 'rad' ! Thought that was 80's speak !

evolutional posted on Aug 5 2006 at 03:20 PM said:
Nova posted on Aug 4 2006 at 07:19 PM said:
No! Why, goddamn you?!

You realise we are now in directus competitionus. Good luck.

Rather than compete, you guys should combine efforts. Rather than have two mags that may fail because of lack of content, we could have one mag that doesn't.

Just a thought.
Thats a crappy idea :p

sam fisher posted on Aug 5 2006 at 05:29 PM said:
I agree at GPJunkies seems to be going nowhere.

Just a thought.

^ Therefor redundant

Only joking, however, I do sense some elitism coming from you, Sam. Prove me wrong :p .

http://digital-haze.net/gp2x_tcc.php - Quick article on getting a Tiny C compiler enviroment set up

Alvin posted on Aug 5 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Aug 5 2006 at 05:29 PM said:
I agree at GPJunkies seems to be going nowhere.

Just a thought.

^ Therefor redundant

Only joking, however, I do sense some elitism coming from you, Sam. Prove me wrong :p .

http://digital-haze.net/gp2x_tcc.php - Quick article on getting a Tiny C compiler enviroment set up
he he he there was a :D as in a joke :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Trust me on this, there is no lack of content in GPJunkies.

psj3809 posted on Aug 5 2006 at 04:47 PM said:
Didnt know people still said 'rad' ! Thought that was 80's speak !

"Rad" is totally hip, dig? I'll hit ya with some intense lyrics, "dude".

Bomp! Ba-dish! Bomp bomp! Ba-dish!
It's the Legend of Zelda
And it's really Rad!
Those creatures from Ganon
Are pretty bad!

Jive THAT!

Magnulus posted on Aug 6 2006 at 01:00 AM said:
"Rad" is totally hip, dig? I'll hit ya with some intense lyrics, "dude".

Bomp! Ba-dish! Bomp bomp! Ba-dish!
It's the Legend of Zelda
And it's really Rad!
Those creatures from Ganon
Are pretty bad!

Jive THAT!
I now know what it feels like to have your brain liquify in your head and then gush out your eye sockets.

And believe me, it is not pleasant.

Nova posted on Aug 6 2006 at 12:08 AM said:
Prove it. ;)

I reckon i'm aaaaaalmost ready to release issue #1.
Need maybe an emulator review and a few emulated game reviews.

All articles can now be emailed to: gp2xtra@googlemail.com

Thanks!

nickspoon posted on Aug 6 2006 at 03:52 PM said:
I now know what it feels like to have your brain liquify in your head and then gush out your eye sockets.

And believe me, it is not pleasant.

Coincidentally, those was used to PROMOTE the Nintendo Entertainment System back in the day.
So in case have 'till now been blissfully unaware of this atrocity, here ya go:
http://gameads.gamepressure.com/tv_game_co...ial.asp?ID=2594

Alvin posted on Aug 6 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
Nova posted on Aug 6 2006 at 12:08 AM said:
Prove it. ;)

Just wait.

RTj posted on Aug 6 2006 at 04:11 PM said:
I reckon i'm aaaaaalmost ready to release issue #1.
Need maybe an emulator review and a few emulated game reviews.

All articles can now be emailed to: gp2xtra@googlemail.com

Thanks!

Argh, we're not even half finished!

I need more free time...

Back