Gp32 2nd Hand Value

Looks like that's an official case, so that's a big plus. I'd say that and those SMCs are the reasons why the auction went so high.

If you're looking to buy a gp32, go to dave @ gp2xstore.com. They have brand new boxed units for 130 USD. Quite an excellent deal :)

If you're looking to sell one that you have, expect the unit to get near that price on ebay, maybe a little less. Any goodies like SMCs obviously raise the price up.

I saw one at ~110$ with 3 smc, but the auction didn't last long and it was bought in the day (buy now option)
I recently got one for around 100$ with one smc. (complete in box)
buy a gp32 ! or keep it ! don't sell it you will regret it :)

I'm not going to sell my GP32.
Actually I have two a FLU and a BLU. The FLU was my old workdog and whilst it's still in good condition, the joystick is getting a bit loose. Not as tight as it used to be. The SMC reader isn't as good as it used to be either but I don't tend to take it out any more in fear of it not working again.

I recently bought a glass screen for the BLU, now I just have to find a good way of getting the grey frame off the front without damaging anything. Whilst a screwdriver would remove it, I'm sure it will damage the plastic. I need a really thin but stiff piece of metal to get inbetween the frame and the case to lever the thing off.

slaanesh said:
I'm not going to sell my GP32.
Actually I have two a FLU and a BLU. The FLU was my old workdog and whilst it's still in good condition, the joystick is getting a bit loose. Not as tight as it used to be. The SMC reader isn't as good as it used to be either but I don't tend to take it out any more in fear of it not working again.

I recently bought a glass screen for the BLU, now I just have to find a good way of getting the grey frame off the front without damaging anything. Whilst a screwdriver would remove it, I'm sure it will damage the plastic. I need a really thin but stiff piece of metal to get inbetween the frame and the case to lever the thing off.
My solution for that was to take a utility knife, and at the bottom edge of the grey frame, cut a groove into the grey frame where the edges meet. The take a screw driver or the knife, insert into the groove, and pull up slowly until that double sided tape releases (at least it was double sided on the FLUs... fucking dust). The groove that you cut is REALLY hard to see, especially on the bottom - and it beats marring up the frame or holder by prying.

Reap

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of using a razor blade. It should be thin enough to slip between the frame and the body and strong enough to pry the frame up. I'll see how it goes and report back.

Slaanesh, I'm sure you've thought of this, but try removing the surround on the flu before you do it on your sparkly blu, just to make sure you get everything right.

Another thing I tried was to take gaffers tape (or the like) and tape off the area that the gray frame sits in, so when you pry it out, nothing gets damages. I didn't have anything that was strong and yet thin enough though.

Reap

Back