gp32 Battery Cover

Mine broke like this too, I got the lid to stay in place with a makeshift clip made from folded electrical tape and some paper inside for extra padding. No idea about finding parts unfortunately, just did a quick search on ebay and you can't even find broken units. They must be getting incredibly rare now, crazy that the original GP32 came out 17 years ago.

Mine broke like this too, I got the lid to stay in place with a makeshift clip made from folded electrical tape and some paper inside for extra padding. No idea about finding parts unfortunately, just did a quick search on ebay and you can't even find broken units. They must be getting incredibly rare now, crazy that the original GP32 came out 17 years ago.

That sucks. ED was nice enough to replace the cap on my GP2X stick about 2 years ago. I love both the GP2X and the GP32. I don't know why development has completely dried up for them. They are still quite powerful machines for 2D games. Unlike other systems, I am assuming most of the people who bought one still have them and would use them to play new releases.

Right now I am just using tape to hold it shut and so that I don't lose the entire cover. At least 1/2 of handhelds in the wild are missing their battery covers!

I think you're right, you'll need to 3d print one. I am on the fence thinking 3d printers are nice enough to get now but there are a few 3d print shops where I live, no idea how much they cost, but I they must be pretty reasonably priced since they are still in business. Have you searched out one where you live? The public libraries also have 3d printers if you want to try to design one yourself.

Back