Gp32 Cd

kknd_cf

La vieille dame et les pigeons
Website
Visit site
A lot of members are still on a 56k connection and are unable to download alot of things at a good speed. I could make a GP32 CD and sell it at a very low price, would anyone want this?

Also, I need to know if there's anyone who doesn't want their software distributed. Don't worry I'm not going to be sending private betas etc...

EDIT: In fact I will sell it at the base price so that I won't be making any profit from anyone elses hard work. Still though, I shall wait.

LHC posted on Feb 4 2005 at 06:27 PM said:
in before flames
Good timing, heh I remember some people saying they wanted one before, I thought I'd help. Also I have a good way of distibuting. Just before anyone says, this isn't something that won't happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you do so make sure to sell it realy only at production cost (3$ or less is ok) or you will piss of some guys for sure. you also should make the colelction availible for download to make clear that youre not trying to make money out of other guys hard work.

Vimacs posted on Feb 4 2005 at 06:34 PM said:
if you do so make sure to sell it realy only at production cost (3$ or less is ok) or you will piss of some guys for sure. you also should make the colelction availible for download to make clear that youre not trying to make money out of other guys hard work.
If I do this I'll definatly be making no profit from it. This is fully out of the kindness of my heart. Now should I email every dev? :(

if you want to make profit with it yes, you should, and if you finaly make some money donate a good precentage to the developers of the software.

aapje89 posted on Feb 4 2005 at 06:54 PM said:
It a good idea, but evildragon is already busy with making one (atleast he has plans for it)
Ahh, I didn't know that. Ok It's of the agenda now.

I think its a good idea, mamers have the same thing going although they are kinda hard to find, they have a group of distributors that burn off the cds or dvds and mail them out to ppl who don't have or don't want to take the time to download all the files needed, our group is significantly smaller then mame I think that we could setup a group of say 5 or 6 people to handle the load, we would need a ftp server where the developers would upload all of their latest works to make sure the cd stays up to date

B) wildo2ne

Even though vimacs claims it would be okay to include stuff without asking if the selling price is low enough, I don't agree with that - you really should ask the developers of the stuff you're using.
BTW: you got the license to use my stuff. (As if anyone would want that... :D )

I have been pondering this for a little while as I have the entire Gp32x Archive Site on my HDD at the miment.. I was going to distrubute it in the UK only (non-profit for very slight for sake of rounded numbers) but was advised to contact the developers for permission.. and with a lot of programs that is going to take some time..

Goity posted on Feb 5 2005 at 01:24 AM said:
You can put GOR on there.,
Btw how do you get cds for £0.12?
Thanks, and from school. That is if they will let me buy in bulk again :lol: they didn't seem happy last time. Excuse me miss, can i have all your cd's? They sell the cd's for no profit. dtupid bastards!

don posted on Feb 5 2005 at 01:54 AM said:
Even though vimacs claims it would be okay to include stuff without asking if the selling price is low enough, I don't agree with that - you really should ask the developers of the stuff you're using.
Ill try and ask the developer. P.s. thanks for your permission.

yaustar posted on Feb 5 2005 at 02:13 AM said:
I have been pondering this for a little while as I have the entire Gp32x Archive Site on my HDD at the miment.. I was going to distrubute it in the UK only (non-profit for very slight for sake of rounded numbers) but was advised to contact the developers for permission.. and with a lot of programs that is going to take some time..
How'd you do that?

sam fisher posted on Feb 5 2005 at 10:15 AM said:
don posted on Feb 5 2005 at 01:54 AM said:
Ill try and ask the developer. P.s. thanks for your permission.

Well, I was talking to the original poster, but you may use my stuff too. ;)

Back