Gp32 Software Compilation Cd

A nice frontend would be good with some cool graphics and a simple interface to read the readmes etc and browse the disc. If you do something like that with Director etc, PLEASE make it Mac compatble also as users of non-Windows machines always get a duff deal on these sorts of freebie & covermounted discs! Perhaps update it at intervals so it can become a sort of GP32 compendium so people may actually buy subsequent ones to keep up to date...?

Also perhaps an introduction to the scene, introducing GP32X and other useful sites to visit - these could link straight from a click on the disc...

®

A nice frontend would be good with some cool graphics and a simple interface to read the readmes etc and browse the disc. If you do something like that with Director etc, PLEASE make it Mac compatble also as users of non-Windows machines always get a duff deal on these sorts of freebie & covermounted discs!
It would be rather some kind of html based interface as it is the easiest way to do such a things and it will work both on PC and Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember those real cool Aminet CDs ??? I enjoyed them as I couldn't access the net, and I think it's a great idea.

And even if it was sold, I don't remember they had any trouble with authorizations. I just think it's a good idea.

They didn't have any problems 'cause the people contributed the stuff to the aminet (and still contribute - it's still alive!)

The CDs were just the newest updates from the aminet.
They didn't gather, they got them :)

I think as long as the CD/DVD is not being made or sold for a profit most developers should be OK with it, but it is always good to check first just in case. I put a little note on my manual for Darts that it should not be distributed as a means of making profit. So if you want to include Darts and Yahtzee on the CD/DVD then you are more than welcome to.

Back