Gp32 From Lik-sang

GiG

The mighty penguin cat
Website
www.webalice.it
In the GP32BLU datasheet at Lik-Sang they say "Up to 166 MHz Clock Speed out-of-the-box": what does this mean? That the units are tested to run at 166? That they are modified? That all the new memories support overclock? Or that you can cross fingers and try 166?

GiG posted on Aug 7 2004 at 05:32 PM said:
In the GP32BLU datasheet at Lik-Sang they say "Up to 166 MHz Clock Speed out-of-the-box": what does this mean? That the units are tested to run at 166? That they are modified? That all the new memories support overclock? Or that you can cross fingers and try 166?
The operative words here are "up to" I take that to mean you can get one that does anything from 133-166. You just have to ask yourself, do you feel lucky?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats weird cause I bought my gp32 from lik-sang also and it can only get to 160 <_<
Im thinking about doing a volt mod myself...ill most likely mess somthing up though. Does anyone know the exact two transistors you need? thx.

Mine can do at least 220 mhz and I bought it from Lik-sang...
And this speed was out of the box..no modifications...

But my question is why is there gp32:s have differents speeds...??

Why can´t it have a standard....??

Sorry, but how did oyu test to determine how fast your gp32 went?

Thanks!

Thanks very much! I'll give it a try.

I've been wanting this GP32 for over a years, it's the best hand held I've ever seen!

Do you know if higher speeds can hurt your GP32? Also, how much power woudl I lose using the higher clock speeds?

And lastly, do you know where else to buy games other than Lik-Sang and Upstate ganes? I wanted to buy All For Princess, it looks great and I've enjoyed the two commercial games I've already bought (Kimchi Man and Pinball Dreams).

Thanks again!!!

Back