gp32 speakers....

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
well, i decided a couple of days ago that i wanted to upgrade the speakers in my gp32, they aren't very loud and have REALLY poor quality when listening to mp3s (but it sounds great with heaphones). does anyone know where i could find some relly small speakers?

I myself have a pair of small speakers that came with my first (and now old) computer. Back when I was in school before Summer I used these to listen to divx videos with my friends when outside :D

radio shack carries everything. i doubt you will find a better pair of speakers that small though...

[EDIT] 69 POSTS! WOOO!!! I'LL NEVER POST AGAIN!

Changing the speakers may not make the sound any louder as they will still be receiving the same strength signal

craseeplaya's right, if you were to replace the speakers your gp32 would not be any louder, so get a pair of battery powered computer speakers if you need loud tunes. Why do you need it louder anyway? I think the gp32 is plenty loud

loud loud loud

loud for breakfast loud

Errm... he wants a better quality, not LOUDER!
There exist some good speakers... but only in fixed cases, cause they use the case to sound good...

Also, if you were to go with a more powerful set of speakers there may be LCD corruption from the magnetic force fields that shoot out of all naturally created magnetic rock units. Try putting a magnet up to a TV

or put one to your collection of videotapes and disquettes, and they will erase them for you!! actually dont, magnets are really powerful especially Neodymium-Iron-Boron (NdFeB) mags, you can hold tools to your pants with one the size of a small ball bearing or half of a small ball bearing (a smaller ball bearing :rolleyes: )

Kandor posted on Oct 8 2003 at 01:00 AM said:
Also, if you were to go with a more powerful set of speakers there may be LCD corruption from the magnetic force fields that shoot out of all naturally created magnetic rock units. Try putting a magnet up to a TV
too bad GP32's don't have CRT screens.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyway my gp32 is not that loud when i'm trying to hear music and there is too much noise. t'would be nice if it were 15dB louder.

I think that the problem with loudness is that most audio files/games aren't set to full volume, because some games are just LOUD (ex. sopwith) and others aren't.

Hmmm - nothing will happen with an LCD. The distortion on a tv when a magnet is put near it is due to a minture of the gaussing (sp?) screen behind the tube being bent and the path of the electrons from the electron guns at the back of the tube being bent and hitting the wrong phosphors at the front of the tube.

LCD displays use the colour change of charged liquid crystal to block or allow light to pass. This isn't affected by magnets, at least not the small magnets in speakers.

Back