Gp32 White Screen

Jr2swiss

Website
Visit site
Hi,

Well heres my problem, I have a Gp32 BLU+ that works correctly at first, but after using it for about 5 minutes the screen goes completely blank. It will correctly after a few hours, but then it will just go blank again. Any suggestions?

This is not a white bar, batteries, overclocking or a bad flash problem.

Thanks for your help.

As you are a long time member, I think it`s not a batteries or overclocking problem :D

Don`t know what it can be...

My best guess is that it's actually a faulty capacitor in the unit or just bad batteries.

My dead unit did this after i repaired it, and then realised that one of the capacitors was dead aswell. However, mine would come on and the screen would gradually fade away after around 5 minutes and then flick back on for another five minutes........then fade away again.....

So i'd say you have a slightly faulty capacitor in there somewhere. Or it could just be a battery problem.....

It sounds like a hot problem, maybe some of the capacitors is dead and it goes hot so the machine fails when it's too hot.

Open the console, put the batteries (maybe you need to hold them with your hands somehow, or use a main AC adaptor), wait for some seconds and check if some of the board components is too hot ;)

Aiken

If it turns out to be a capacitor problem, you could easily fix it if you have electronics knowledge.

It's really just a case of measuring each capacitor with a multimeter to find the faulty one, and then just soldering in a replacement.

I managed to completely repair my dead GP32 BLU+ that i bought (it was dead when i bought it, and i got it dirt cheap) by replacing a zener diode, a tantalum capacitor and an inductor which had all fried from a voltage overload.

you can do a temporary fix on capacitors, by using a blow dryer on top of them.
One of my friends did it on one of my pc's when it failed to boot.

Back