Gp32 Wiped My Smc

Ringo

Website
Visit site
I don't know if anybody has experienced this before, but apparently my GP made my SMC invalid today.

It's not really a biggy, since it just contained ogg's and SvOrbis... I just crammed another SMC in for the train fair back and played some games :)

But I do wonder if SvOrbis is known to this.

I've just put it in my PC and it was infact unformatted (but easily fixed)

Maybe it just corrupted it. One time I opend OSnes9x, but I forgot to change the clock setting at the menu, so I rebooted and when I went to run OSnes9x a second time, it display two Korean messages in free launcher instead of just one, and then it just went back to the free launcher menu. I tried all the emulators but only half of them would boot. So I went into PCLink and recopied over all the back emulators... thing is I had about 9 meg free on the SMC, but suddenly I had 80k free. I deleted the troubled emulators... 80k. I deleted my MP3's... 80k. So I deleted the WHOLE card... 80k free. So I had to reformat the damn thing. Luckily, I keep a backup of each one of my SMC's on my PC. <_<

Long story short... shit happens.

Cheers! :p

this happened to me when i installed bob the amazing lemon on my smc a year or so back, i quit trying after the 3rd time it wiped out my SMC.

Ringo posted on May 11 2005 at 10:16 PM said:
I don't know if anybody has experienced this before, but apparently my GP made my SMC invalid today.

It's not really a biggy, since it just contained ogg's and SvOrbis... I just crammed another SMC in for the train fair back and played some games :)

But I do wonder if SvOrbis is known to this.

I've just put it in my PC and it was infact unformatted (but easily fixed)
I never had any problems with svorbis

Last edited by a moderator:
Happened to me when I first got my GP32 with littlejohn. I was on holiday at the time so I only had half the stuff on the laptop to put on it :( and there went my ff3 save :(

Back