Painting My Gp32...

birdofprey

Website
www.dontcallmeginger.co.uk
I know this topic has been discussed before, but as I do not want to endanger my precious GP case in any way I thought it necessary to ask the specific questions that I feel i need answering before oging for it...

Ok, Firstly, I openend my BLU once as some of the sticker from my SMC got caught when taking it out. The wires were all over the place due to the FLU and it made me think twice about opening it again. Now i have only a BLU and ask "Is it easier? Is there no wire connecting the two parts and therefor easy to open without any fear of destroying?"

Secondly, what does the painted GPs feel like in your hand? I know there has been the black one / kill bill one and wonder if it feels horrible in the hand like some painted plastics do. I don't want to lose the nice smooth feeling that my Gamepark currenlty has.

Also, seeing as though multiple people have done this.. which paint and from where si the best to get for this job? (least likely to ruin the feel / increase the size of my GP outer case.

Did you use different colours on the buttons / case or not.

I think thats it, I dont know how i want to paint it but i'm thinkin with the spiderman costume print. With the web covering the whole thing.. what do you think?

Thanks to everyone in advance

Well, I'm in the process of painting mine. Truthfully, it doesn't feel as nice. It has a slight sticky feeling, but I have a feeling that will just sort of wear away with use.

I'm doing mine red and black. Bottom half of the case black, top half red, buttons and joystick black. I might stencil in a little design so I can get some custom art on there. Maybe. I'm liking how it looks so far.

It might feel a little worse, but it sure as hell looks a lot cooler. Worth the trade-off, in my opinion.

Back