Painted My Gp32

That GP was P!MPED!

The colour is crazy, although I myself like more vibrant flashier colours for pimped merch - next time try some neon green or orange ;)

You were indeed brave to do this, I can't imagine myself attamepting to open my GP - it hasn't even arrived in my mailbox yet :D

Alex. posted on Sep 4 2005 at 08:20 PM said:
That GP was P!MPED!

The colour is crazy, although I myself like more vibrant flashier colours for pimped merch - next time try some neon green or orange ;)

You were indeed brave to do this, I can't imagine myself attamepting to open my GP - it hasn't even arrived in my mailbox yet :D

That's exactly how I felt about it after almost breaking one of my airsoft guns after a session of curious tinkering... but I decided that I couldn't live without my GP32 being yellow, so I took a stab at it. No problems to report... Whadaya think?

GPThirtyTwo.jpg

You know what...? If I decide to paint the FLU(not planning on it at this point) that I'm about to get, I might paint it gold... or maybe green... I dunno yet. i'll have to think about it.

Attachments

• GPThirtyTwo.jpg
    GPThirtyTwo.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:
hmm... perhaps a reversed color scheme? paint the buttons yellow and the GP32 itself grey... I wonder how that would look... Or how about olive drab and yellow buttons?

*EDIT*

You don't have dibs on gold if I get my FLU and paint it first... BUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :lol:

ahh, true, but how would that look with the site? i already said i was gonna so I HAVE DIBS MMMMMMMWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k if u wanna paint it gold idc go ahead :)

Okay see here's what you gotta do:

-Platinum buttons, especially the A and B
-Install spinning rims over the speakers
-High powered super woofer speakers behind the spinners
-Gold Trim around the screen, which has to have hydrualic lifts for improved visibility
-The body painted with a combination grdianet of sky blue to baby blue with flecks of daimond dust mixed in.

Now THAT would be Pimped, it would also likely need to be hooked up to a car battery for all the power it'd require. :p

Alpha2 posted on Sep 5 2005 at 07:53 AM said:
-Platinum buttons, especially the A and B
-Install spinning rims over the speakers
-High powered super woofer speakers behind the spinners
-Gold Trim around the screen, which has to have hydrualic lifts for improved visibility
-The body painted with a combination grdianet of sky blue to baby blue with flecks of daimond dust mixed in.

-and Beans to er..... give the GP a fresh smell of Beans, which everybody loves

sorry

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 4 2005 at 11:41 PM said:
deadlychicken22 posted on Sep 4 2005 at 07:38 PM said:
I did a similar thing with my nlu gp32 about 9 months ago except I painted it black. Sadly, through my vigorous use of my gp32, some of the paint has worn (chipped?) off and revealed the white underneath it, so it doesn't look nearly as nice anymore. But I don't care, it still works fine (well, except for my "light up select and start buttons" mod..... The blue LED's worked fine but I'm not very good with electronic hardware and I couldn't get the wires to stay because I don't have a steady hand with the iron....). Plus, the gp2x is coming out and I am definitely upgrading.
you installed a mod? i would do that :) . was it too difficult??

Yes, the light-up select and start buttons mod is VERY difficult (at least to me who doesn't have any real electrical hardware experience). The glass screen mod isn't very difficult and looks really nice. Painting your gp32 could be a little bit challenging if you don't follow instructions and have never taken your gp32 apart completely. Just be careful you don't rip the cable connecting your lcd to the main board of the gp32 (isn't it called the PCB or something?). If you are interested in any mods, you should check out THIS website. Good luck.

interesting....it seems like a lot of work, so myabe I wont.

you guys think that if you trick out a gp32 and go to resell it on ebay it'll get more? That would be a great way to make some money :D

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 5 2005 at 03:15 PM said:
if you're not sure, I would recommend NOT doing it. I kinda regret modding mine.....

you guys think that if you trick out a gp32 and go to resell it on ebay it'll get more? That would be a great way to make some money :D

My guess is that my gp32 will only sell for about $70 now......

deadlychicken22 posted on Sep 5 2005 at 01:23 PM said:
if you're not sure, I would recommend NOT doing it. I kinda regret modding mine.....

My guess is that my gp32 will only sell for about $70 now......
but did u paint urs?

yes, I painted mine black but the paint is wearing off (chipping?) due to my constant use of it. Between my bad control stick, my difficult start/select buttons (somtimes unresponsive...), and the chipping/wearing paint I don't think its worth much anymore.

Back