Best Color(s) To Paint My Gp32?

Why paint your GP32, try and get hold of a "limited edition" black GP32 case. I've got one and it is dead sexy. I'll have to post some pics of my super sexy GP32.

psxfan posted on Apr 29 2005 at 06:27 PM said:
Paint it the color of your trash can, then throw it in there...

TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova posted on Apr 29 2005 at 07:51 PM said:
psxfan posted on Apr 29 2005 at 06:27 PM said:
Paint it the color of your trash can, then throw it in there...

TROLL ALERT, TROLL ALERT!

Ah Haa, This is probably the guy he sold his DODGY GP too. :lol:

Trooper

Reesy posted on Apr 29 2005 at 10:43 AM said:
Why paint your GP32, try and get hold of a "limited edition" black GP32 case. I've got one and it is dead sexy. I'll have to post some pics of my super sexy GP32.

Yes i want one of those, or one of the three colors that i saw on google image search. They had green, blue, and yellow

Man, im surprized that people can get used gp32's for so cheap.. I paid like $200 for my new flu in july 2004...
Anyways...
A green gp32 would look pretty sweet as long as the colour scheme was designed well.... If i could get a replacement case, i would try to paint mine... :)

First off I just wanted to say that the KILL BILL Theme is totally cool and who every did, did a great job!!!!!

So while we are on the topic of taking appart and painting our GP32's if you notice on this link here, http://www.reloded.com/nav.php?Page=articles&ID=1

it walked you through taking appart your GP32, however I question this line below:

Note: If you have a FLU, you will need to de-solder the wires connecting the FLU switch at this point. It’s an easy job which I won’t go into here. Just remember where the wires go for when you re-solder them.

I have a FLU and I don't want to screw it up, does nay one know what wires he is talking about and if there is any way to get around it?

tattooman posted on Apr 29 2005 at 09:31 PM said:
First off I just wanted to say that the KILL BILL Theme is totally cool and who every did, did a great job!!!!!

So while we are on the topic of taking appart and painting our GP32's if you notice on this link here, http://www.reloded.com/nav.php?Page=articles&ID=1

it walked you through taking appart your GP32, however I question this line below:

Note: If you have a FLU, you will need to de-solder the wires connecting the FLU switch at this point. It’s an easy job which I won’t go into here. Just remember where the wires go for when you re-solder them.

I have a FLU and I don't want to screw it up, does nay one know what wires he is talking about and if there is any way to get around it?

yep i do as from experience.... i opened my case(unscewing it first of course) and i went abit fast and the wires jus broke off(really fragile!!!!) the wires are attached to the main board of the gp32 (front part of the case) and to the back case of the gp32... and its realy simple to resolder(nothing scary) jus make sure that the two blobs of solder dont touch or the switch will become useless(i done that too) unless you like the light always on.... and its really simple i done it myself and im 13( and not to smart either/ really brainy :D ) but remember its really fragile!!!!

EDIT: now the solder is like atleast 20x stronger!!! dont be scared either... hope this helps you....

saintdragon posted on Apr 29 2005 at 02:55 PM said:
tattooman posted on Apr 29 2005 at 09:31 PM said:

yep i do as from experience.... i opened my case(unscewing it first of course) and i went abit fast and the wires jus broke off(really fragile!!!!) the wires are attached to the main board of the gp32 (front part of the case) and to the back case of the gp32... and its realy simple to resolder(nothing scary) jus make sure that the two blobs of solder dont touch or the switch will become useless(i done that too) unless you like the light always on.... and its really simple i done it myself and im 13( and not to smart either/ really brainy :D ) but remember its really fragile!!!!

EDIT: now the solder is like atleast 20x stronger!!! dont be scared either... hope this helps you....

Yes, you answered my question and this post was extremly helpfull, thanks!!!

If you wish to change the color of something that is plastic, I have found that the best thing to use is Upholstry/Vinyl/Plastic Dye. It's the same thing under different names/uses. It is about $12 bucks a can for aerosol. Won't scratch, chip, or cause build-up. I've used on fiberglass, vinyl, and plastics. Give it a try if you can find it (probably have to order it online)

Cheers! :D

reaper79 posted on Apr 29 2005 at 02:06 PM said:
If you wish to change the color of something that is plastic, I have found that the best thing to use is Upholstry/Vinyl/Plastic Dye. It's the same thing under different names/uses. It is about $12 bucks a can for aerosol. Won't scratch, chip, or cause build-up. I've used on fiberglass, vinyl, and plastics. Give it a try if you can find it (probably have to order it online)

I wanna get a plastic case like these ones have
gp32_maintenant2.jpg
:lol:

Drak posted on Apr 29 2005 at 10:38 PM said:
reaper79 posted on Apr 29 2005 at 02:06 PM said:

I wanna get a plastic case like these ones have
gp32_maintenant2.jpg
:lol:
Same, preferably the green one.

kknd_cf posted on Apr 29 2005 at 08:06 PM said:
I've seen that picture to many times. It's damn beautiful.
Sooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful, especially da green and black. Hmmm, I would paint my gp32 somethin' like black and chrome.

Back