GP32 without backlight

E

extremegamer

I think I found a GP32 within my price range, its $150 but its not back lit and doesn't come with a SMC. First question: Is the screen hard to see if its not backlit? Is it better or worse than GBA? And are there lights that can be bought that plug into the gp32 to use?
Also, can SMC be bought at electronic stores like Circuit City or Best Buy or do you have to buy them somewhere off the internet? Thanks. :rolleyes:

First question: Is the screen hard to see if its not backlit? Is it better or worse than GBA? And are there lights that can be bought that plug into the gp32 to use?

The Gp32 screen is frontlit not backlit. No, you can still see easily without a frontlit screen and it is a lot better then the GBA screen (bigger and also clearer).

Also, can SMC be bought at electronic stores like Circuit City or Best Buy or do you have to buy them somewhere off the internet?

You can buy any SMC as long is it is a 3.3V kind. AFAIK all 3.3V cards are 128mb and lower.

extremegamer posted on Sep 10 2003 at 03:28 PM said:
I think I found a GP32 within my price range, its $150 but its not back lit and doesn't come with a SMC. First question: Is the screen hard to see if its not backlit? Is it better or worse than GBA? And are there lights that can be bought that plug into the gp32 to use?
Also, can SMC be bought at electronic stores like Circuit City or Best Buy or do you have to buy them somewhere off the internet? Thanks. :rolleyes:
Is it brand new? That's basically what they cost (minus shipping) from all the major online retailers.

The videos that are on my website show the GP32 in action (non-FLU). While the video quality isn't great, I think you'll agree that the machine is certainly playable without a light.

The SMC can be bought anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Flack. I tried to go to your page and its telling me its not available.

i really would recommend saving for the FLU. i cant use the screen without it now. Once you have tasted it you'll want it for ever

Back