Gp32z Is Closing Down

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
Here is the news from GP32z.com:

July 24
Unfortunately Gp32z.com will be closing down indefinitely by the end of this week. The last operating day is Friday, July 28th. Any questions must be sent to support@gp32z.com before then. All defective units that were sent to us for replacement will be completed this week and shipped back to you shortly. Customers who purchased Gp2x units from us and need repair must contact Mr. Namhoom Kim at nhkim@gp2x.com. Please provide them your name and order number.

Thank you for supporting us in our 2 year journey, its been a great experience. All items are heavily discounted especially the Gp32 and Interface boards so get them while they last!

I guess the United States will soon be without its official distributor. :(

jmetal88 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 02:56 PM said:

July 24
Unfortunately Gp32z.com will be closing down indefinitely by the end of this week. The last operating day is Friday, July 28th. Any questions must be sent to support@gp32z.com before then. All defective units that were sent to us for replacement will be completed this week and shipped back to you shortly. Customers who purchased Gp2x units from us and need repair must contact Mr. Namhoom Kim at nhkim@gp2x.com. Please provide them your name and order number.

Thank you for supporting us in our 2 year journey, its been a great experience. All items are heavily discounted especially the Gp32 and Interface boards so get them while they last!

The GP2X can still be ordered from dynamism.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:14 PM said:

July 24

Yeah, at $199 and with no accessories. :rolleyes:

I hardly call that a good distributor.

i think the fact too much people from US buy from play-asia have done
this...

:(

paxl

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I know, but it is another source.

This is sad news. I guess I got mine just in time. I always like to support things here at home. I will have to think about where I will get my ac adapter and tv out from now. :( Sad that they could not make a go of it.

edit: Just ordered me an AC adapter. I didn't realize they had them marked down. But they are sold out of the 512 SDs :angry:

jmetal88 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:21 PM said:

July 24

Got mine from Dynamism for $189 (new product special I guess) and they were wonderful about the return of the defective unit, letting me keep it (didn't work with batteries, but worked fine with adapter) until after they shipped my 'good' unit.

What was your experience with them, since you seem so down on them...

darkman posted on Jul 25 2006 at 02:10 PM said:
This is sad news. I guess I got mine just in time. I always like to support things here at home. I will have to think about where I will get my ac adapter and tv out from now. :( Sad that they could not make a go of it.

edit: Just ordered me an AC adapter. I didn't realize they had them marked down. But they are sold out of the 512 SDs :angry:
just did the same, but no TV-out :(

I feel sad now :(

shite should of ordered a replacement cap too

darkman posted on Jul 25 2006 at 06:10 PM said:

You can get an 512 at newegg for $10, I know its not $7, but its close.

Its always sad to see a good distributer go away but things happen. :(

On anouther sad note theres no tv-out cables to replace my defective one on there :( oh well I might grab a ac-adaptor.

ingrin posted on Jul 25 2006 at 01:28 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:21 PM said:

July 24

Got mine from Dynamism for $189 (new product special I guess) and they were wonderful about the return of the defective unit, letting me keep it (didn't work with batteries, but worked fine with adapter) until after they shipped my 'good' unit.

What was your experience with them, since you seem so down on them...

I have no experience with them. All they sell is the GP2X itself, at the most expensive US dollar price, too. No accessories or anything else listed on their site. In my opinion, if they don't support the whole GP2X line of products, they are not a good distributor.

Too bad they're going.

At least I can finally get Blue Angelo! Only $4.99! And a power supply at only $15!

Still, I'd rather pay the regular prices and have gp32z stick around.

I'm sorry to see them go. I really had a great experience with them ( They answered a question about my order thru an aim account for customer service!). Now I feel bad for ordering my replacement joystick caps from playasia :unsure:

Damn. I was going to order mine from there. Now they are closing up. I might wait a while before I order now.. Maybe a new distributor will pop up.

I just ordered a GP2X myself... this may be my first post here. It sucks to be losing a nice e-store, although it was plesant to stock up on replacement screen covers.

I ordered from them just in time it seems. And my unit got tested for overclockability and dead pixel at my demand.

That is great service to the very end.

Back