More Updates

got it :) I have not been around for a couple of weeks...............................got a little excited :)

Thanks for the update chip.

Chip said:
We're sending out details and a reorder URL to customers one at a time, starting with US customers.
So what's the order of the emails, ie who is after US? Hoping I don't have to wait too long, seeing as it's not only US customers who have to worry about conversion rates.

Last edited by a moderator:
i understand that it might take up to two weeks before we get the email, but just in case we don't, would there be an official post notifying when they have finished a particular area so that we know when to contact?

Haven't checked these forums in a while (due to vacationing) and it's nice to see a fresh update. Hope everything turns out okay.

Chip said:
I'm putting my vote in for a Dvorak keymap. I hate being forced to use QWERTY.
If I recall correctly, QWERTY was designed to spread out the keypresses and reduce typewriters jamming. Whereas DVORAK is specifically designed for touch typing on a full keyboard. With pandora's tiny keypad, qwerty sounds like the better choice. :p

Zarneth said:
Chip said:
If I recall correctly, QWERTY was designed to spread out the keypresses and reduce typewriters jamming. Whereas DVORAK is specifically designed for touch typing on a full keyboard. With pandora's tiny keypad, qwerty sounds like the better choice. :p

I am a dvorak user by choice at home, but to be honest, on small devices, qwerty is better so you don't hurt your hands in small spaces, I don't know about thumb wise, but using all fingers it would be bad.

Karel Jansens said:
RajTakhar said:
Excellent Update - The light is definately at the end of the tunnel
The light at the end of the tunnel is usually the train heading towards you...

And sometimes it means that you've just died and gone to Heaven. I'm hoping this is the case. I'm still limping a little from the last train. :)

can anyone who has recieved a repayment email clarify how much we are paying, since im pretty sure conversion rates have changed since we were refunded, although i havent been watching them to see how much, would be nice to know.OR If we really are just repaying what we were refunded instead, and letting gp2x take the hit on the conversions, which didnt seem logical when they said repay what you got.

emil10001 said:
I just wanted to pipe up and say that I just did the re-pre-order. They sent me an e-mail requesting the same amount in pounds as I had paid/was refunded, and it turned out to be $10 less than what i had been refunded. So, after all was said and done, I ended up paying $10 less for the Pandora. Not saying that it will be the same for everybody, just that this is pretty much in line with what we've been told to expect.
Edit:
I've highlighted the important part. My understanding of this is, that you in no way pay more than you were refunded.

Like _Sterling said, I'd like to see the full mail, too.
emil10001 posted the message here:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=685256

mali said:
emil10001 said:
I just wanted to pipe up and say that I just did the re-pre-order. They sent me an e-mail requesting the same amount in pounds as I had paid/was refunded, and it turned out to be $10 less than what i had been refunded. So, after all was said and done, I ended up paying $10 less for the Pandora. Not saying that it will be the same for everybody, just that this is pretty much in line with what we've been told to expect.

I'll follow that up by saying I received my confirmation that the international wire transfer I initiated last Tuesday was received by the Pandora team today and matched up properly with my order ID. Since my bank did the conversion before sending the transfer, I knew exactly what the conversion rate would be. I paid the exact amount in GBP that I paid when I first ordered at the beginning of October (about 220 punds for Pandora+A/V Cable+Case), which turned out to be $8 less than my refund (Refund was $333, I paid about $325 when I re-ordered). Now if only I hadn't had to pay the $35 funds transfer fee...

@krooked, unfortunately, there's no good way to tell what the conversion rate will be for the credit card order. Is it your CC provider's rate? Barclay's rate? If there's anyone listening who's familiar enough with interntaional order processing for credit cards to answer that question, please speak up. I'd be interested in seeing the text of the re-order email, as well (even though I've already placed my order and it won't make a difference to me).

_Sterling said:
Is it your CC provider's rate? Barclay's rate? If there's anyone listening who's familiar enough with interntaional order processing for credit cards to answer that question, please speak up.
The conversion rate is applied by the Credit Card issuer. It will be close to, but as with the average Bank, not necessarily precisely the transaction date's rate - see www.xe.com for that. There will also be a 'foreign currency conversion fee' applied, this is where they can scalp a bit more from you.

Zarneth said:
Chip said:

Dvorak was also designed such that most sequences of characters alternate every character between the left & right hand. QWERTY quite often has long sequences of one handed typing. I still prefer Dvorak, even for a thumb keyboard.

(Incidentally, Dvorak is the name of the guy who came up with the key arrangement. As such, only the first letter of his name should be capitalized. QWERTY is just the letters in the row above home row of the left hand. as such, all letters are capitalized)

:pandora2: I got my Re-Order email today! WOOT WOOT! I'm on the home stretch! BTW, the amount that it costs, after conversion of course, was just a few bucks different from what I was refunded. I was not given an exact conversion though, so I can't be sure until it actually comes out of my account. Looked fine to me though! And Did I forget to mention, WOOT WOOT?

@krooked, unfortunately, there's no good way to tell what the conversion rate will be for the credit card order. Is it your CC provider's rate? Barclay's rate? If there's anyone listening who's familiar enough with interntaional order processing for credit cards to answer that question, please speak up. I'd be interested in seeing the text of the re-order email, as well (even though I've already placed my order and it won't make a difference to me).

i had forgotten that it is up to the bank, not the actual going rates.

pferguso said:
:pandora2: I got my Re-Order email today! WOOT WOOT! I'm on the home stretch! BTW, the amount that it costs, after conversion of course, was just a few bucks different from what I was refunded. I was not given an exact conversion though, so I can't be sure until it actually comes out of my account. Looked fine to me though! And Did I forget to mention, WOOT WOOT?
Thanks, that assures me there is no reason to be worried.

Could somebody post the reorder e-mail (minus the sensitive re-ordering details) for the sake of Pandora-related information/updates?

javaJake said:
Azure, that actually might be a bad idea. It's best they release the e-mail at their own speed so orders don't happen all at once (like last time).
Azure said:
Could somebody post the reorder e-mail (minus the sensitive re-ordering details) for the sake of Pandora-related information/updates?
:huh:

The main information it contains is what Azure is getting at, minus the persons information and the link to reorder. And I agree, it would be nice to get any extra information that those with the email got even though I doubt it will be much if anything more then we already have.

Back