New Orders


skeezix

Internal Development
Joined
Mar 11, 2003
Messages
8,064
Website
www.codejedi.com
Its becoming the new hellolo .. craig just keeps using it :)

(oh, that phrase about painting the bike shed, so I went for googling paintshed )

jeff
 
Last edited by a moderator:

arrrgh

Newbie
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
416
Location
Australia
'craigix' said:
Yes, I mean the final board, the one we can just keep ordering thousands of
:)
What if the boards flunk the CE or FCC testing? :unsure:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lerc

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
4
I reiterated a number of times that I definitely wanted to reorder, but never did so because of the confusing payment conditions the closest to an amount I got was £197 plus or minus some unspecified amount. That price was a huge increase on the initial price charged.

Am I now to late?

When is the second run? Should I just get a touch book?
 

cbox

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
565
'Lerc' said:
I reiterated a number of times that I definitely wanted to reorder, but never did so because of the confusing payment conditions the closest to an amount I got was £197 plus or minus some unspecified amount. That price was a huge increase on the initial price charged.

Am I now to late?

When is the second run? Should I just get a touch book?
If you were refunded, just pay back exactly the amount you were refunded, in your local currency, not too complex there.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lerc

Still Fresh
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
4
'cbox' said:
If you were refunded, just pay back exactly the amount you were refunded, in your local currency, not too complex there.
That's it?! If I'd been sent an email containing that one sentence from an official source I'd have done so ages ago.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

r00tw00t

Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
408
Age
40
Website
Visit site
I've ordered and payed for my Pandora a while ago. But I also ordered the tv-out cable and a case. Are they finished or will the Pandora be finished before the case and tv-out and I will have to wait for everything? If so I want to cancel the tv-out and case if it will make the Pandora arrive earlier.

Anyone?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
3,821
Age
48
Location
New York
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
The assertion is that they shouldn`t fail because they`re built from parts that individually have passed.

But I assume at this point they`d simply say "eff them we`re shipping them anway and we`ll fix it on the next batch."

I mean honestly what would be the harm if they DID fail? it`s not like it`s going to cause a pacemaker to short out or call down a missile strike on the local mall by accident...

maybe on purpose, but not accident.
 

Klaus

Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
643
'Alpha2' said:
it`s not like it`s going to [...] call down a missile strike on the local mall by accident...
I so want to be able to do that sometimes!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

WizardStan

Mega GP Mania
Joined
May 24, 2008
Messages
16,733
Alpha2 said:
I mean honestly what would be the harm if they DID fail?

The FCC and CE guys go "hey, you're shipping a product we expressly told you wasn't ready for shipping. Here's a hefty fine and we're pulling your product and blocking all possibility of you shipping your product in the near future until we can do a really, really, REALLY, like put-on-the-rubber-gloves-turn-your-head-and-cough thorough inspection. Shouldn't take more than a year or two. Three tops!"
 
Last edited by a moderator:

cbox

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2005
Messages
565
'Lerc' said:
'cbox' said:
If you were refunded, just pay back exactly the amount you were refunded, in your local currency, not too complex there.
That's it?! If I'd been sent an email containing that one sentence from an official source I'd have done so ages ago.


That's exactly what I did, I was refunded 292.34 and sent them a check for that amount, my check got there in like a week and was accepted according to the email I got from them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

hedwards

Active Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
872
'Username' said:
Why that photo?
It's something that floats around, apparently it's more common in the UK. I've seen it used from time to time to explain why the largest arguments are almost always about things of little importance.

Basically, there's little comment when you want to build a nuclear power plant, but if you want to put up a bike shed, everybody understands how to build one so everybody comments. Mainly because they can, and they want everybody to know.

Or because Craig mentioned it and it's now a meme around here.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

PoisonedV

Yeah, I'm a GIRL gamer, what of it?
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
3,096
Age
32
Website
Visit site
'hedwards' said:
'Username' said:
Why that photo?
Basically, there's little comment when you want to build a nuclear power plant, but if you want to put up a bike shed, everybody understands how to build one so everybody comments. Mainly because they can, and they want everybody to know.

really? i didnt know it was that specific, i just thought it meant despite the fact that ypou are building a powerplant, people focus on the most pointless details, not the most accessible details
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Alpha2

Heroic Autobot
Joined
Feb 3, 2004
Messages
3,821
Age
48
Location
New York
Website
the-real-alpha2.com
'WizardStan' said:
'Alpha2' said:
I mean honestly what would be the harm if they DID fail?

The FCC and CE guys go "hey, you're shipping a product we expressly told you wasn't ready for shipping. Here's a hefty fine and we're pulling your product and blocking all possibility of you shipping your product in the near future until we can do a really, really, REALLY, like put-on-the-rubber-gloves-turn-your-head-and-cough thorough inspection. Shouldn't take more than a year or two. Three tops!"
Sure that's the worst case scenario, but lets assume the truth falls some where inbetween that and "no one finds out", What does failing the testing mean for the device? do they think it gives off harmful radiation? Does it get into wifi networks by circumventing security?

Sure the redtape says they have to follow the rules but what danger is there to the world if it does get out without being tested an no one notices? I'm pretty sure the world wont end if it does.

... you know assuming we can't get that missile strike plug-in to work in linux.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Butterman

Gief Pandara
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
776
Location
London
Website
Visit site
That's what I was thinking ^^. If FCC or CE don't pass the board and Craig has ordered 6000. Well. All of that money is down the drain. Could possibly mean an end of the Pandora.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

gruso

thunderbox
Joined
Feb 28, 2008
Messages
7,461
Age
45
Location
Sydney, Australia
Website
pandorapress.net
From what ED said, they can get the testing done very quickly. I doubt they'll have run many boards off the production line by then - if any.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Wendal

Still Fresh
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
51
'craigix' said:
Tonight we will be emailing the next 6000 or so on the mailing list telling them they can place an order, first come first served, ....
Do I need an email to place an order?

If it's first come first served, why only the next 6000? I received the initial order email but couldn't order then. Want to order now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top