The Real Deadline

I think it is safe to say EVERYONE is looking forward to getting credit card orders back and working. Once 4000 of these bad boys are in circulation, it won't be an issue anymore. This was the original problem:

BANK: "We're not letting you have that money because we are worried you will fail."
CRAIG: "Well, if we can't have that money, we ARE going to fail."
BANK: "Well, what if some Chinese company makes something cheaper and takes away your customers?"
CRAIG: "But we already sold out. Look at our bank account!"
BANK: "Not our problem any more. The money will be refunded. Go away."

:angry:

Being able to ship within 30 days of taking an order.....priceless :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be very interesting -- once everything is said and done -- to chronicle how hard this project was to get off the ground. Since it's quite a unique device, and likely to have several more batches made after the initial batch is finalized, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of this device would be very cool.

And hey, get it bound in hardback and sell it with the profit going to the developers' fund. I'd buy one. Then you can have a follow-up book about how hard it was to get the first book published, ha!

Craig said he'd be writing the Pandora story once it was all off the ground. Tears, joy, betrayal, triumph... it'll just about write itself.

'Gruso' said:
Craig said he'd be writing the Pandora story once it was all off the ground. Tears, joy, betrayal, triumph... it'll just about write itself.
Not to mention injuries to the team whilst making videos for the over-zealous, demanding, disrespectful community.

D.

@WizardStan. No idea why I didn't get the email, but I received the one about the refund a few weeks late.

I thought it was possible to use a credit card to repay by moving the order to germany, where the banks didn't barf and were actually doing their job.

@MWeston I hope you are not going to use the same bank again for the next batchs, they don't deserve it.

With a little aditional experience in money laundering, the money could have been through clearing in luxembourg and problem solved ^^;

@fischju2000

I'm pretty sure that would be considered giving a fraction of your money to ebay and I'm not giving a penny to them crooks.

@gruso
"how many epic are enough to make an epic win: the story of the openpandora" would be a nice title.

I still don't understand how it is possible when doing such a project to make so many trivial mistakes, people involved should know better than forums unable to cope with the drawn attention, pre-orders server unable to cope with the popularity, emails sent from a gmail account when owning an official domain, and so on...

For future reference, gandi offers the perfect hosting service allowing the required flexibility for these situations.

@Gruso

Because the money you are switching around is credit > cash. You are bypassing the cash advance mechanism built into credit cards.

It is a misrepresentation of the transfer of funds. It cannot be considered anything *but* a cash advance if he is basically donating/paying himself.

Paypal may not care because they are taking their cut, but if the CC company finds out they are going to want to bang you for that cash advance fee and any interest that applies towards it.

Paypal *does* monitor what IP sends and recieves the money. And they will flag an account if the same IP is making the drop and withdrawal. I am not saying they will do anything immediately, but they will wait and see if you abuse the service before freezing that account and any money residing in it.

Anyone attempting to do this should be very careful.

Indeed, they did take a fee, but I did bypass the 20% APR on cash advances, and I don't use the accounts for anything else, so no worries.

If it helps anyone, the home page at openpandora.org says:

When and where can I buy it?
There are a small number of Pandoras left from the first batch - if you are interested in buying one please email openpandorasales@gmail.com.

I emailed the sales team, got an order number, paid the money and received confirmation - took two days. Yes you have to do a transfer from your bank account so you are risking the £260 whereas a credit card would protect you but that "risk" is the reason why you can't pay with a credit card

'rucksack' said:

There are a small number of Pandoras left from the first batch - if you are interested in buying one please email openpandorasales@gmail.com.

I emailed the sales team, got an order number, paid the money and received confirmation - took two days. Yes you have to do a transfer from your bank account so you are risking the £260 whereas a credit card would protect you but that "risk" is the reason why you can't pay with a credit card
nooooo i need another 7 days before i have the monies :( hope they dont go like the 1st lots,, i assume they will

^ I get the feeling that the last orders are trickling, not flooding... but then again, the last few videos seem to have encouraged more buyers. I'd email them, at least they can give you an idea of your chances. :)

'meandu229' said:
'rucksack' said:

nooooo i need another 7 days before i have the monies :( hope they dont go like the 1st lots,, i assume they will

then place your order right now!!!
You have 10 days to transfer the money, and after those 10 days they wait(i think) 5 to 7 days to receieve the ammount.

'rucksack' said:

I emailed the sales team over the weekend, but never recieved a reply back. I'd really love to get one from this batch.

'michaeljustman' said:
'rucksack' said:

I emailed the sales team over the weekend, but never recieved a reply back. I'd really love to get one from this batch.

email them again. sometimes they just dont respond...
i needed to do this as well. they responded to my second email and now i have a order number for the first batch :D

'borgqueenx' said:
'michaeljustman' said:
'rucksack' said:

i needed to do this as well. they responded to my second email and now i have a order number for the first batch :D

Yeah, same here. I'm just waiting for confirmation that my payment arrived..

'borgqueenx' said:
Not disputing borqqueenx, but would say that every time I emailed OP, Jacquelyn responded the *next business day*. I recommend not barraging them with email. I got my confirmation yesterday.

'lingenfr' said:
'borgqueenx' said:
Not disputing borqqueenx, but would say that every time I emailed OP, Jacquelyn responded the *next business day*. I recommend not barraging them with email. I got my confirmation yesterday.

i waited 6 days on my first email....the 6th day i emailed them again and got a response after 2 hours.

'borgqueenx' said:
'lingenfr' said:
'borgqueenx' said:

i waited 6 days on my first email....the 6th day i emailed them again and got a response after 2 hours.

Its a good idea not to email openpandora in weekends, as many other people do it, it gets far in the email list after 2 days and they wont respond to it anymore

Back