The Real Deadline

'calc84maniac' said:
...I initially ordered my Pandora in March and still haven't paid...
'Chip' said:
...bunch of people who have contacted us saying they wanted to reorder but still haven't paid. We're basically cutting them off on April 1...

If you've pre-ordered a Pandora but haven't paid yet, now is the time to do it.
Don't ask silly questions. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
'RubiX' said:
omg excited )#(*$&)#($*& were so close.
That's been the forum mindset since... October? "6-8 weeks time" constantly for months isn't really an indication. Although the final prototype has now been demoed, hurrah!

Can i expect a May shipment or is that being optimistic(again)?

i cant understand, why they wont create more pandora's at the first batch. becouse mass production hasnt started yet....can anyone explain to me why they wont do that?

Borgqueenx: Parts. We had to cut it off at some point so we could tally up the parts we needed and order them. Different components have different lead times, so you have to place your part orders a while in advance. We've got parts for 4k Pandoras so that's how many we're making.

haha. You know, I was reviewing this thread and it's labeled the REAL deadline. But, there is no date given.

Just another Serbian-Jew Double Bluff.

I guess we can still have a couple more devs from OP mentioning a deadline.

P.S. Deadline's don't mean anything if A.) You don't follow them and B.) If no deadline is given.

Saying April 1st is the deadline for the pre-orderers to lose their spot isn't a deadline. Because we don't know how long the 100-300 have to place an order. Nor do we know when OP will REALLY place the order for the parts.

Speaking of Holiday. I think this "Real deadline" has pissed me off enough to take a break from these forums.

Have a good one guys.

Some off-topic posts moved to a new topic: www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47240
Chip, I'll let you move parts of your posts to the new topic as you see fit.

'Phawx' said:
Saying April 1st is the deadline for the pre-orderers to lose their spot isn't a deadline. Because we don't know how long the 100-300 have to place an order. Nor do we know when OP will REALLY place the order for the parts.
Well, since many parts are likely to have a worst case 6 month lead time, it would be nice to assume that the upper limit of the run is already determined. I wouldn't be trusting a distributor to hold stock for me at this point.

You're right in that this doesn't determine the latest possible date to order a unit from the first run - in practice, that could be up to the day of the last pick & place run when they decide final final numbers.

What it is is a deadline for anyone who's promised to pay to secure their place. it means that if you send them your money in 3 weeks time, but you get an email back saying, 'sorry, sold out' then either you've lost your money anyway because it was a scam all along, or it's your own fault for taking 2 months to make the re-payment. It's the deadline for holding the unit you asked to be put aside in case you decided to come back and buy it - it goes back on the shelf for anyone to take.

'Phawx' said:
It certainly is a deadline. Anybody who hasn't paid by then loses their pre-order. It's that simple.

damn i thought the pandora would be 250 euro. looks like it is 300....
now i dont have enough money to preorder one :( damn it!
I guess they will be sold out after 1 month and 2 weeks...crap...

when will the second batch be shipped? (estimations ofcource)

I'm still trying to figure out WHERE to order them. I'm relatively new to this Pandora chat. I would like to know where and how to purchase one. I'm aware of the timeline of when they are supposed to mass produce the Pandora next month or so on, but how many are they going to 'Mass Produce'? Are they going to be sold in stores?

To pre-order a Pandora, email openpandorasales@gmail.com and we'll get you set up. There are no plans at this time to have the Pandora sold in retail stores, though they will likely be available through other online retailers starting with the 2nd batch. We can only accept payment via bank transfer, check or money order at this time.

We expect the second batch to go into production 6-8 weeks after the first batch as shipped, depending on parts availability.

'borgqueenx' said:
argh, 6 to 8 weeks is horrible! i wanna play and show my pandora in the summer holidays!

Really to bad...
no replies to my shipdate question, it's sensible enough to assume it'll be 6-8 weeks from now or more just waiting for our first batch pandoras. That'd be early to mid may or later, hmm. 6-8 weeks ontop of those dates gives us late June to mid July. It'll probably be around august. nobody has a solid idea of the timeframe really.

go do something else and get used to waiting, most of us have already. I was in your position before last summer holidays, the estimate then was that i'd have it in that time.

:pandora1:

I'm just really excited to get my hands on this OP. Everyone I have talked to doesn't have a clue it exists.

Early-mid summer sounds feasible, right?

Back